Why Tata Sky Added HD Term in HBO Premium Channel Logos?

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys

We know that Tata Sky added HD term :hd near HBO Defined and HBO Hits channel logos a few months back. I myself posted about it in a thread at that time.

This move was not from broadcaster side but TS added it from their side.

My question is why did they take the decision to overlay the HD term over channel logos?

Someone might say that it was done because those channels dont have HD term in their logo and TS wanted to differentiate those channels from SD channels. Then what about Movies NOW channel? Its also an HD channel and doesnt have HD term in its logo.

Why didnt TS add HD term below Movies NOW logo? Why not in Nat Geo HD channel logo?

Also saying it was done to clarify that those channels are HD sounds foolish because the EPG clearly shows that they are HD channels and everyone can easily find that the channels are HD because of their pic quality.

Please share your thoughts.

In movies now... HD on logo appear every minute or so. there is no need for TS to change anything there

Because tatasky provide same quality for sd and hd.So when people complained whether it were hd or sd channel.They suddenly added hd logo to make people understood it were hd channels.:D

piinku1 said:
Because tatasky provide same quality for sd and hd.So when people complained whether it were hd or sd channel.They suddenly added hd logo to make people understood it were hd channels.:D

HBO hits and HBO defined SD not available in tata sky :no:lol:P

Like Tatasky is having "Tatasky" logo in Every channel to counter the Piracy ie: watermarking the content.. they have added HD Logo in HBO channels as watermark.. as i think... all other DTH doesnt have the HD Logo .. if any one copy then Tatasky can get it easyly from the Logo.. people can crop the Tatasky logo but i think cant remove the HD watermark..

^^ If that was the case then Tata Sky would have added something different to differentiate between their channels and other DTH channels. Why adding HD term in only 2 channels? What about the rest of the channels?

It seems no one has valid idea why did they add the HD term in those 2 channels?

Can u name other HD channel which doesn't have HD logo in Tatasky...

i dont know, why he is making this as a big issue? Is it creating any problem to him?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock