Discussion Will you buy an Amazon Prime membership or a DD FreeDish connection to watch India Tour of New Zealand?

Which option are you opting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DD has got government employees to pay salaries and pensions to. Than they are losing precious ad revenues from the highlights programming. 75% revenue is too much to share. IMO it should be 90 and 10. 10% to whoever acquired rights. 90% to who took effort to bring it to our screens on DD FreeDish.
Just because DD is paying pension to its ex employees why should the broadcast rights owner lose revenue. The broadcast right owner didnt ask DD to broadcast the matches.

So they should not take money for themselves if they are doing it for national interest. Otherwise if all the government wants is to be telecast on FTA and not share with DD then private broadcasters can just start 1 FTA channel each and telecast it themselves so they get all the ad revenue.

Just because DD is paying pension to its ex employees why should the broadcast rights owner lose revenue. The broadcast right owner didnt ask DD to broadcast the matches.

So they should not take money for themselves if they are doing it for national interest. Otherwise if all the government wants is to be telecast on FTA and not share with DD then private broadcasters can just start 1 FTA channel each and telecast it themselves so they get all the ad revenue.
It's on broadcasters. Apart from terrestrial network. They could easily air matches on Star Sports First and Sports18 Khel. Sony doesn't have a channel here. They could use Wah and Pal. Even broadcaster can push for an auction for rights on FTA platform.

Govt / supreme court should mandate broadcaster to telecast in FTA channel which is available in DD free dish and all other DTH networks. Broadcaster can earn the rights money through ads . So the matches will be available all the people (either poor / middle / rich)

Govt / supreme court should mandate broadcaster to telecast in FTA channel which is available in DD free dish and all other DTH networks. Broadcaster can earn the rights money through ads . So the matches will be available all the people (either poor / middle / rich)
I dont understand why broadcaster should broadcast on a FTA shannel in DTH network but yeah Supreme court can rule that if broadcaster can broadcast on FTA channel in DD Free Dish then they dont need to share with DD then I am sure all the broadcasters will be happy coz they will earn more revenue than the 75% they are getting from DD at the moment

It's on broadcasters. Apart from terrestrial network. They could easily air matches on Star Sports First and Sports18 Khel. Sony doesn't have a channel here. They could use Wah and Pal. Even broadcaster can push for an auction for rights on FTA platform.
I am saying instead of DD they can add it on their FTA channels then I am sure the host broadcaster will be happy to do so as there will be no additional production cost but they will have separate tariff for ads on that channel

It is so unrealistic comparison like comparing OTT subscription with TV service? Ya you may ask wether you'll watch it on TV or on PrimeVideos? Because, DD is not only having exclusive rights.

I think DD Sports will air the series and it will be made available across all DTH and Cable TV Platforms. Prasar Bharati will surely try to arrive at some kind of agreement / arrangement with Amazon Prime Video for the same & we may get notified about it in next 48 - 72 hours. Both Amazon Prime and DD will wait until few hours or a day before start of the tournament to see if some private sports broadcaster comes up with an offer to sign agreement for TV broadcast of the series
They're airing ads Live and Exclusively on Prime video, even this time Prime Video not sharing exclusive india tour of NZ matches with Fancode.

If Amazon Prime won't share live signal with DD, still DD can air matches just they will blurr original Rights holder Prime video watermark logo. Every year Government expanding National importance Sports events, Also Govt already declared events of national importance airing mandatory On DD, So Private Digital/broadcasters nothing can do with DD/PB in modern digital era.
dd sports can share the eurosports feed with clear dd sports logo but yesterday night dd sports share eurosports davis cup feed by just blurred eurosports logo 😂😂😂😂

h95HXrf.jpg

I dont understand why broadcaster should broadcast on a FTA shannel in DTH network but yeah Supreme court can rule that if broadcaster can broadcast on FTA channel in DD Free Dish then they dont need to share with DD then I am sure all the broadcasters will be happy coz they will earn more revenue than the 75% they are getting from DD at the moment

I am saying instead of DD they can add it on their FTA channels then I am sure the host broadcaster will be happy to do so as there will be no additional production cost but they will have separate tariff for ads on that channel

As per this website

Doordarshan Sports is the only TV channel which will broadcast this series. Neither Star Sports nor Sony Sports own the rights to telecast the home matches of the New Zealand cricket team. The fans of the Men in Blue can watch the games live on DD Sports, just like the away series against the West Indies.

I already had DD Free Dish, So nothing worry for Me.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock