• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,464

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Mumbai, May 27 :Sony Entertainment television today announced the launch of the show 'X-factor India' at a function here.

X-factor India will be the Indian version of the popular international talent hunt show, which was first launched in the UK in 1994.

Singers Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal and Producer/Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali will be the judges for the show.

The gala event saw the two singers enthrall the gathered audience with some of their popular numbers, with Bhansali calling the show, "The biggest reality talent show in India".

"The level and scale at which the show has been mounted blew my mind away, the scale of the show is something which has never been attempted in India before", Bhansali added.

The show will be a one-of-its-kind reality singing shows, which will allow groups to compete with solo artists and vice-versa, with the group or singer with the biggest X-factor to be the winner.

"X factor is all about extraordinary talent and extraordinary scale. We expect X Factor to create an impact with its spectacular line up of talents, iconic judges, never seen before sets and production design", said Sneha Rajani, Senior EVP and Business Head, SET.

"We are concluding the Indian Premiere League (IPL) now, at least we think we are, because this show is our next IPL. In terms of scale it is on par with the Cricket league", she added.

The show will see the return of Sonu in the Judges chair.

the charismatic Singer, who was previously a judge during another talent based Reality show Indian Idol said, "All these years I had kept away from judging reality shows, I only judged two children singing shows, but never tried for a big show. But I never thought I would be working for a show like this. I feel I am very lucky to be a part of this show and I think the short time that I have spent working with them has made me feel like I have experienced heaven".

Shreya, who herself has been a contestant of a reality show, said, "Yes, I am happy that I am associated with a show like this, though judging would be a difficult job. We would be judging 200 people, but over 2 billion would be judging us".

The show will air on Sony entertainment network's flagship channel Sony this Sunday and will be part of the show's weekend line-up.
http://www.newkerala.com/news/world/fullnews-217970.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock