Seeking Help Xstream box automatically rebooting while watching TV channels

• Thread starter gane14
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 33
  • Views: Views 53,845

gane14

Reaction score
I have been facing this annoying issue recently. My Airtel Xstream box is automatically rebooting while watching any TV channel and goes to homepage at an interval of say every 15 mins approx. Sometime it opens the app(YouTube/Netflix) which I was using before switching to tv channel.

Does anybody else encountered this problem before.

My box is currently on version 1.0.2680.

Yes, this is happening. It used occur more frequently in the previous software version. Although it reduced after the update, it still occurs. Airtel needs to release an update to fix this.

Thanks for the confirmation Siva.

I have been using Xstream box for almost from the date of launch. But this problem showed up only a week ago. Now the rebooting occurs even at every 5 mins or so. This is really irritating.

I have lodged complaint over mail. Will update about the progress here.

This occurs only while watching TV channels. Using Netflix or YouTube works just fine.

This issue is resolved now after the service engineer came and reset (Android settings-> Device Preferences -> Reset) the box.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation Siva.

I have been using Xstream box for almost from the date of launch. But this problem showed up only a week ago. Now the rebooting occurs even at every 5 mins or so. This is really irritating.

I have lodged complaint over mail. Will update about the progress here.

This occurs only while watching TV channels. Using Netflix or YouTube works just fine.
Sir i am having the same problem.of constant reloading every 15minutes or so.have i to call technician or can i reset

I had the same issue. A Airtel Technician told me to 'reset channels' under Settings. Once you do this, STB will reboot and open up installation menu again. After confirming, channels are reinstalled. I tried this and didn't see any issue. Will post here if issue reoccurs.

I have similar issue in month of Jan and technician has reset the box which fixed this issue temporarily. Now I am seeing the same issue again. It’s really frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock