Seeking Help Xstream Box lagging issues

Reaction score
I got this box in march 2021 instead of JIO STB for ott content viewing experience. I had no problem in jio stb, just the side loading was not available in that so i switched to Airtel thinking that it would be a more better experience in terms of hardware and specifications wise because of the internal memory. But it was my worst decision ig. I am not gonna complaint about the weird UI or anything. The first and the major issue noticed was the lagging issue. The response on the prime video is so slow like everytime i press any button during the playback i get response after 8-9 seconds on my screen that also in laggy way like low fps or something. Many apps like crunchy roll doesn't even open in it. They were not even side loaded, they were downloaded from the play store still. Tried Hulu, HBO Max, nothing works. Casting also doesn't work properly, even when the devices are connected to same WiFi. Conveyed this all to Airtel Representative and they made an engineer visit, the guy couldn't do anything regarding that said it's a software issue and escalated to Software team. Software team asked me to wait for next software update so that the bugs can be resolved. 2 months passed. Update released, now home key and Google assistant key stopped working, now hotstar also started lagging. Again raised an issue, again a technician visit, this time technician was a pathetic as he took the completion code secretly from the tv channel without telling me and closed my complaint. I again raised a complaint, had long talks with them and finally the frustrated customer service said you can opt for refund while the box is in warranty as we can't solve your issue. So i said okay sure. He said yeah I placed a disconnection request and asked me to wait for a call next day. Received many tele marketing calls from Airtel DTH but none from that DTH guy for refund or disconnection. Now 9 months passed, it's January 2022 still my case is opened and was being handled by "higher technical team". Yesterday they sent the same technician and the technician said that they sent me because they think you have some dth signal issue🙂 he was on call with a software guy and in front of him there was still lag. So the call guy said that there is no issue with box the issue is with your internet connection as the connection gets lost in every 15 minutes (dumb guy). He was trying me to convince that the remote controls i.e. pause button or play button also uses internet connection 😀 like the cloud gaming console🙂 which he denied so clearly he was trying just to give me any reason. Today i talked to area head of Airtel gwalior and he accepted that the box is laggy and he himself faced the laggy behaviour everywhere except on YouTube and adviced me to not raise any complaints as nothing is gonna happen.
What to do now? Are they gonna do this everytime with us? Bought the box, bought membership, have 100 Mbps connection, paid 153rs Airtel recharge every month still. Airtel sucks.

I got this box in march 2021 instead of JIO STB for ott content viewing experience. I had no problem in jio stb, just the side loading was not available in that so i switched to Airtel thinking that it would be a more better experience in terms of hardware and specifications wise because of the internal memory. But it was my worst decision ig. I am not gonna complaint about the weird UI or anything. The first and the major issue noticed was the lagging issue. The response on the prime video is so slow like everytime i press any button during the playback i get response after 8-9 seconds on my screen that also in laggy way like low fps or something. Many apps like crunchy roll doesn't even open in it. They were not even side loaded, they were downloaded from the play store still. Tried Hulu, HBO Max, nothing works. Casting also doesn't work properly, even when the devices are connected to same WiFi. Conveyed this all to Airtel Representative and they made an engineer visit, the guy couldn't do anything regarding that said it's a software issue and escalated to Software team. Software team asked me to wait for next software update so that the bugs can be resolved. 2 months passed. Update released, now home key and Google assistant key stopped working, now hotstar also started lagging. Again raised an issue, again a technician visit, this time technician was a pathetic as he took the completion code secretly from the tv channel without telling me and closed my complaint. I again raised a complaint, had long talks with them and finally the frustrated customer service said you can opt for refund while the box is in warranty as we can't solve your issue. So i said okay sure. He said yeah I placed a disconnection request and asked me to wait for a call next day. Received many tele marketing calls from Airtel DTH but none from that DTH guy for refund or disconnection. Now 9 months passed, it's January 2022 still my case is opened and was being handled by "higher technical team". Yesterday they sent the same technician and the technician said that they sent me because they think you have some dth signal issue🙂 he was on call with a software guy and in front of him there was still lag. So the call guy said that there is no issue with box the issue is with your internet connection as the connection gets lost in every 15 minutes (dumb guy). He was trying me to convince that the remote controls i.e. pause button or play button also uses internet connection 😀 like the cloud gaming console🙂 which he denied so clearly he was trying just to give me any reason. Today i talked to area head of Airtel gwalior and he accepted that the box is laggy and he himself faced the laggy behaviour everywhere except on YouTube and adviced me to not raise any complaints as nothing is gonna happen.
What to do now? Are they gonna do this everytime with us? Bought the box, bought membership, have 100 Mbps connection, paid 153rs Airtel recharge every month still. Airtel sucks.
Yes brother I am fully agreed with you. I am from punjab Moga I have facing same issue when call to cc then they sent technician he said this is problem your box or said 2nd things you loader the box 🤣🤣 2 times said to software team that please give me a new software

Really lagging problem & non availability of 4K, Audio Format changing, HDR, favourite channel arrangement are intolerable.

But Xtream good when it come to Android 9, recording, bluetooth & infrared combo learning remote mode, Netflix inbuilt (not required for me), 2 GB RAM (looking failed due to lagging problem), Ul much good but other android DTH extremely good, many channel with Catchup feature, minimum recharge required 153 without forcing to pay any DTH OTT, channel activation directly from inactive channel information page (internet required), few free feature like Catchup Tv & few Xtream OTT content.

Xtream box few time give pathetic experience but above feature make it different than any other DTH due to above unique bunch of quality.

I was using xstreme box ,its one of the worst boxes ever seen from airtel,even internet tv box is good comparatively to this one...so i moved Tatasky binge

I think I said this before, but it's impossible to get optimal performance from these hybrid boxes. They just don't have the capability. All this talk of using one box for everything is just a marketing gimmick in my view. One who wants such superior performance for OTT streaming would have to invest money in premium devices like Apple TV or Nvidia Shield TV. Even the Fire TV Cube, which is being sold at a premium price tag, lags after 6 months of usage. Fire TV Sticks perform better when they are new, and they also lag after 6 months of usage. Raising a complaint for such issues are not going to take us anywhere. 99 percent of the field technicians doesn't even know the full details of these hybrid boxes. They are only capable of fixing signal issues. I fought this battle for the Audio issues on this box and gave up. Better to use this box primarily for Live TV and minimal OTT viewing (YouTube).

Yes I am facing lagging issue in Airtel Xtreme box in all settings channel up down Vol up down picture program buffering apps install in long time slide up down in a option but is new update realised to my box issue is not solve best my money please help me Bhai abhi 4 gb ram is running Android OS system but Airtel Xtreme box abhi Bhai Android 9 and 2gb ram AUR processor chip Purana mediatek mt

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock