Yesterday I traced Telstar 18,138 Degree East

Newb_Dxer

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today I traced Telstar 18 after a very long time.

I actually tried last year also but failed.Since there are both bulidings and open space in front of our building I thought may be Telstar 18 path is covered by those buildings .

But day before yesterday I tried to trace Telstar 18 using Quicksat App.I did get 15% signal on a Telstar 18 frequency(which I dont remember) so let the dish remain as such and scanned it on the TV.Interestingly it was Apstar 6 with only three CETN FTA channels.Later on I moved the Dish further towards East and lowered it more and got Telstar 18 with quite good signals.

Interestingly I am getting near to 100% signals on some transponders but my LNB position is exactly opposite than it should be ie if we stand in front of the dish my LNB is raised towards the right side !

I tried with both single Ku LNB and the Monoblock LNB(like the one from Dish TV).The dish I am using is the eliptical one from Dish TV.

Has any one tried using a Monoblock LNB at Telstar 18 setting to get more than 1 satellite like it is possible to get Satellites from 93 to 100.5 at Dish TV setting ?

By the way I can watch only FTA channels as my Jscam2 is not working.

I would be grateful if any one can help me with the Jscam solution.

Thanks

7b438fb802c6036cb3a2c0a5cf43899c.jpg

6df7f86abc1f9344f610d499e487ca2d.jpg

How to delete this picture it is too blurry ?

13dd104611d91bc8ddc48ffdf831d1f7.jpg

86394865101c962753530d49f1158bca.jpg

Nice hunt bro

No good FTA channels but other paid channels are good

if possible plz post ur dish pic

Good hunt Bro, post ur dish images pls.

Thanks all for the encouragement .
I will post Dish pic soon.
Meanwhile can some one help me with the Jscam or other solution on how to watch encrypted channels on Telstar 18 ?
I already have a Jscam2 ID but it is not working.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock