Zee Bangla: Looking at fiction to break Star Jalsha’s dominance

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 2,132

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
For Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL), West Bengal and Maharashtra have many similarities. For instance, both are big regional markets for the broadcaster, its channels have seen rise and fall in both, and leading the channels in both the markets is Sharada Sunder, EVP of regional channels at ZEEL. However, there is one big difference: While Zee Marathi has become the dominant player in Maharashtra, West Bengal is a duopoly market where Zee Bangla lags behind Star Jalsha with a considerable gap. And even though Zee Bangla, a channel completing 16 years this September, has made a strong name in the non-fiction space, it is fiction where Sunder’s focus is concentrated. Her aim is clear—to take the channel to the numero uno position, which it once enjoyed before the advent of Star Jalsha. Programming strategy “Our USP in Bengal was our non-fiction. So we focused on it first and built that piece. We started building a lot of brand value through great non-fiction shows like ‘Dadagiri’, ‘Mirakkel, ‘Saregamapa’ and ‘Dance Bangla Dance’,” says Sunder. “For the past few years, I have been trying to build fiction as well. It’s not easy to change viewers’ fiction habits and it takes a lot of effort.”

Read more at: 

http://www.televisionpost.com/special-reports/zee-bangla-looking-at-fiction-to-break-star-jalshas-dominance/

ajay kore said:
In Marathi no one can beat Zee Marathi

yep their shows also quite good :tup

and some shows like Aamhi Saare Khavayye like I am seeing from my childhood :lol :shy

In Zee Bangla you can get fiction shows like Dadagiri, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Dance Bangla Dance, Detective 2015, Didi No.1, Banglar Shera Poribar etc. Recently Goyenda Ginni coming soon on Zee Bangla. You also get shows like Rashi Tar Nam, Agnipariksha etc. But in Star Jalsha only serials............

COlors marathi is best
Rushil.D said:
yep their shows also quite good :tup

and some shows like Aamhi Saare Khavayye like I am seeing from my childhood :lol :shy

Santhosa bro you quoted Rushil's bro's post but did not make any comment on it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock