Zee Closes In On Star India As Most-Watched Entertainment Network

Rajpatil98

Reaction score
Zee Network, with a viewership of 25 percent, also closed the gap with market leader Star India, which lost four percentage points, CLSA said in a report, citing data from the Broadcast Audience Research Council.
20190905-011135.jpg

20190905-011119.jpg

Read more at: Zee Closes In On Star India As Most-Watched Entertainment Network

Zee tv hindi is the trashiest channel, cant stand it
starplus is 10000000x better.
even colors is better as well as set india
You are 10000000000000% true. Star plus is better hindi channel in hindi. I think people agree same in bangla that star jalsha is better.
Viacom is far more better in english,kids and music.
I am afraid to see trai effects that changed demographic of TV viewers in india. Others have increased.
If big channels losse their add revenue in trp loss. We may find quality content crisis.

I think people agree same in bangla that star jalsha is better.
Actually,zee gets good response in bengali media.So,for us,zee bangla is 10% better than star jalsa.

You are 10000000000000% true. Star plus is better hindi channel in hindi. I think people agree same in bangla that star jalsha is better.
Viacom is far more better in english,kids and music.
I am afraid to see trai effects that changed demographic of TV viewers in india. Others have increased.
If big channels losse their add revenue in trp loss. We may find quality content crisis.
Quality content is very soon to be lost.
Look at "Sarvagunn Sampanna" which is ending despite being unique and even other shows on Star get lower rating despite uniqueness.
Then there is the shows on ZEE like Tujhse Hai Raabta, Guddan, Raja Beta, etc which are so dumb but get a good rating.
ZEE is shutting down in many markets like UK , Europe, etc but here it is in India thriving on crapfest content..
I think quality content will be going away soon...

starplus is 10000000x better.
You are 10000000000000% true. Star plus is better hindi channel in hindi.
Look at "Sarvagunn Sampanna" which is ending despite being unique and even other shows on Star get lower rating despite uniqueness.
Do you REALLY think Star Plus is 100000000000000000000000x better than Zee TV? Not at all. That channel is Sony TV (also Sony Sab). Star Plus is only marginally better than Zee TV. Kasautii Zindagii Kay is a huge melodrama. Star Plus's other shows (Nazar, KKB, YRHPK) are good but not great. Even Zee TV has a couple of good shows, especially reality shows.

But Sony TV and Sony Sab have the best programming of Hindi GECs. They do not stretch the plot for a long time (TMKOC is an exception) and have stories that everyone can relate to. Several past and present shows of Sony have received critical acclaim, like YUDKBH, Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein and Patiala Babes, not to mention KBC. Similarly, Sab has JCPH, Bhakarwadi and Tenali Rama.

Last edited:
Do you REALLY think Star Plus is 100000000000000000000000x better than Zee TV? Not at all. That channel is Sony TV (also Sony Sab). Star Plus is only marginally better than Zee TV. Kasautii Zindagii Kay is a huge melodrama. Star Plus's other shows (Nazar, KKB, YRHPK) are good but not great. Even Zee TV has a couple of good shows, especially reality shows.

But Sony TV and Sony Sab have the best programming of Hindi GECs. They do not stretch the plot for a long time (TMKOC is an exception) and have stories that everyone can relate to. Several past and present shows of Sony have received critical acclaim, like YUDKBH, Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein and Patiala Babes, not to mention KBC. Similarly, Sab has JCPH, Bhakarwadi and Tenali Rama.
Not really marginally, i think its croron darzan better. I used to be the biggest fan of ZEE. I used to watch all their primetime serials cause they were so nice and enjoyable but now these Zee shows make you feel disgusted and they are full of negativity, If i tune into zee i feel like changing the channel nowdays cause even the promos for their shows are so negative.
Sony is good , yes I agree. Both STAR and SONY. Ladies Special and etc have been very nice positive finite serials.

Not really marginally, i think its croron darzan better.
I see your point, but I think whatever negative things you said for Zee TV's shows are 10x more applicable for Colors. Colors has the most regressive mentality of all Hindi GECs as far as shows like Naagin, Kavach and Sitara are concerned.
What an interesting thread. To each his own dear friends :)
Rightly said! I am sort of pro-Sony and very much anti-Colors. @azaanabbas bro hates Zee but I am okay with it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock