ZEE launches ‘Cinema2Home’ service ‘Zee Plex’, partners with Airtel Digital TV, Dish D2H and Tata Sky

I would like to give my opinion on ZeePlex, particularly pricing.

I like their model of pay-per-view and it is great that it is available on cable/DTH & OTT and is available in SD & HD. It gives the viewers good choice.

Before OTT became full fledged in India, people either saw the movies in theater (rarely through ad-filled TV) or through piracy.

P.S. I hate piracy. I will never ever encourage it to anyone. It is basically stealing someone's effort.

When OTT platforms like Prime & D+HS introduced paid plans, people felt that paying and watching on OTT was much more legal, easier, safer, and had way better quality than piracy at a reasonable price. That was the key to the sudden rise of OTT in india, sheer Affordability. The affordability discouraged people from piracy and encouraged them to watch movies online legally.

But now what ZeePlex is doing is taking a step in the wrong direction. Rs.300/Rs.200 per movie? Seriously?!
D+HS VIP is only Rs.399 for a whole year. You can watch IPL (this time 2 IPLs), Multiplex movies, Marvel Movies (dubbed), Indian TV shows, HS Specials and so on. I repeat, for a whole year!

Expecting people to shell out Rs.300, that too for a movie like Kaali-Peeli is extremely high hopes from Zee, especially during a pandemic.

I doubt if they will even sell 20,000 tickets to each of the two movies.

Let me get some opinions from our beloved forum members:
If you are NOT ready to shell out Rs.299/199, reply with like.
If you feel that my opinion wrong and you are ready to pay for ZeePlex, reply with sad/angry emoji.

S one family 10 members cost 199 but u see same theatre and popcorn cost 2000 finish...amount no high....after 2 weeks complete may be reduce.....all r clearly read this price not single person....one family price

l6qvWgR.png

I would like to give my opinion on ZeePlex, particularly pricing.

I like their model of pay-per-view and it is great that it is available on cable/DTH & OTT and is available in SD & HD. It gives the viewers good choice.

Before OTT became full fledged in India, people either saw the movies in theater (rarely through ad-filled TV) or through piracy.

P.S. I hate piracy. I will never ever encourage it to anyone. It is basically stealing someone's effort.

When OTT platforms like Prime & D+HS introduced paid plans, people felt that paying and watching on OTT was much more legal, easier, safer, and had way better quality than piracy at a reasonable price. That was the key to the sudden rise of OTT in india, sheer Affordability. The affordability discouraged people from piracy and encouraged them to watch movies online legally.

But now what ZeePlex is doing is taking a step in the wrong direction. Rs.300/Rs.200 per movie? Seriously?!
D+HS VIP is only Rs.399 for a whole year. You can watch IPL (this time 2 IPLs), Multiplex movies, Marvel Movies (dubbed), Indian TV shows, HS Specials and so on. I repeat, for a whole year!

Expecting people to shell out Rs.300, that too for a movie like Kaali-Peeli is extremely high hopes from Zee, especially during a pandemic.

I doubt if they will even sell 20,000 tickets to each of the two movies.

Let me get some opinions from our beloved forum members:
If you are NOT ready to shell out Rs.299/199, reply with like.
If you feel that my opinion wrong and you are ready to pay for ZeePlex, reply with sad/angry emoji.
Ka Pae Ranasingam i think is worth for the 200 pricing. (I am huge Vijay Sethupathi fan but I won't mind spending money on it)

Hello first u think this is not one person ticket one family ticket 3 person r 10 person same price....this is not cost 5 members go to cinema 1500 out...this is save money normal people.....u go to cinema.hall one popcorn.price 250...this is one popcorn price my family.members 6.person waiting this filim

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock