ZEE launches ‘Cinema2Home’ service ‘Zee Plex’, partners with Airtel Digital TV, Dish D2H and Tata Sky

Plex, Popular Global Streaming Media Platform, takes Legal Action Against Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited for Trademark Infringement
September 28, 2020 19:30 ET | Source: Plex

Los Gatos, CA, Sept. 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plex, the popular global streaming media platform for all your favorite media, today announced it has taken legal action against Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited for trademark infringement. In September 2020, Zee announced it was launching a competing video service, titled Zee Plex, in an obvious attempt to trade off of the Plex brand and global goodwill.

Available to consumers globally, Plex is taking measures to defend its intellectual property, and specifically, in this case, to protect its trademark and brand.

The suit alleging trademark infringement has been lodged with the High Court of India and as per the practice, papers have been served upon ZEEL by email. The matter should come up for hearing in the coming days.

About Plex
Plex is a popular platform for streaming all your favorite media from one beautiful app. A highly-rated app on all major devices, Plex is the most comprehensive streaming platform available, seamlessly combining, organizing, and streaming movies, tv shows, news, web shows, podcasts, music, live and recorded television, and personal media collections. With a highly customizable interface and smart recommendations based on the media you enjoy, Plex brings its users the best media experience on the planet from any device, anywhere. For more information, please visit Watch Free Movies & TV | Stream Smarter with Plex, or follow @plex on Twitter or on Facebook at Plex.

Plex, Popular Global Streaming Media Platform, takes Legal Action Against Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited for Trademark Infringement

I know that you're a Zee Tamil fan but yeah we will watch it
Iam not zee tamil fan iam told one popcorn price you theatre adict people.but iam middle class people.iam not.ready go to.theatre and waste 1500 money....compare 1500 ...199 not cost

Khaali Peeli - Available in Hindi,Telugu,Tamil
Ka Pe Ranasingam - Only Tamil

EjI32P9U0AALaoO

What if during premiere time power cut type happens..?🙄🤭🤔 how people will watch who booked for the show?

Very Valid Question. I didn't think of this. Probably Zee also didn't think about this.

I feel they should allow the viewer to watch any show in the particular selected date.
Eg: If I select KaPaeRanasingam(HD) on Oct 5th, I should be allowed to watch any show of KaPaeRanasingam(HD) on Oct 5th. (Similar to TS-Showcase, I am unaware of other DTHs)

Maybe they'll incorporate it in the future.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock