Discussion Zee Marathi ditches Devanagari digits. Uses standard international digits in its promos

Mylanji

Contributor
Reaction score
Ever since the ratings of Zee Marathi shows started falling, I have seen them doing many tactics to keep their existence alive.

But what they have done now, is unthinkable.

The channel which had a unique method of presenting it's progammes' promos, by using Devanagari digits and Hindu panchang for the dates when the programmes start, has now ditched them. And has used the standard international digits instead.

One such example is the latest promo for its new show Hrudayee Preet Jagate which looks like this :
4JRmNfs.png

Notice instead of writing Ratri 8:00 vajta they've written 8:00 pm, and instead of Dupari 1:00 Vajta they've written 1:00 pm

While in an earlier promo of Tu Chal Pudh, They used a Hindu Panchang style date (Shravan Krushna Chaturthi) and the timing is written as Sandhya. 7:30 Vajta
5UQ3HrJ.png

I mean, isn't this odd? Why destroy your uniqueness?

A case in point : No other Marathi GEC uses Devanagari digits (except Marathi news channels)

Last edited:
Ever since the ratings of Zee Marathi shows started falling, I have seen them doing many tactics to keep their existence alive.

The channel which had a unique method of presenting it's progammes' promos, by using Devanagari digits and Hindu panchang for the dates when the programmes start, has now ditched them. And has used the standard international digits instead.

One such example is the latest promo for its new show Hrudayee Preet Jagate which looks like this :
4JRmNfs.png

Notice instead of writing Ratri 8:00 vajta they've written 8:00 pm, and instead of Dupari 1:00 Vajta they've written 1:00 pm

While in an earlier promo of Tu Chal Pudh, They used a Hindu Panchang style date (Shravan Krushna Chaturthi) and the timing is written as Sandhya. 7:30 Vajta
5UQ3HrJ.png

A case in point : No other Marathi GEC uses Devanagari digits (except Marathi news channels)
All GEC channels are now using english digit in promos

4JRmNfs.png

5UQ3HrJ.png

It looks very old fashioned look at other Marathi GEC they use English digits only Zee Marathi was showing Marathi digits when it was top channel

It looks very old fashioned look at other Marathi GEC they use English digits only Zee Marathi was showing Marathi digits when it was top channel
I said DEVANAGARI, not Marathi. This language along with Hindi, Sanskrit, and Nepali all are written in Devanagari script. Hindi does not use Devanagari digits, but other languages such as Sanskrit, Nepali, and Marathi use them. If you live in Mumbai or Pune, check the shop signboards over there, you will get to know the difference.

I said DEVANAGARI, not Marathi. This language along with Hindi, Sanskrit, and Nepali all are written in Devanagari script. Hindi does not use Devanagari digits, but other languages such as Sanskrit, Nepali, and Marathi use them. If you live in Mumbai or Pune, check the shop signboards over there, you will get to know the difference.
I know but Marathi is using Devanagari as long than any other language it was also written in Modi, Brahmi and one more Lipi now those are not used because of print problem but some People are trying and working hard to bring Modi lipi for use of Marathi.

I know but Marathi is using Devanagari as long than any other language it was also written in Modi, Brahmi and one more Lipi now those are not used because of print problem but some People are trying and working hard to bring Modi lipi for use of Marathi.
As per my opinion Modi lipi should be started to teach in schools and also it should to be use as an official script for marathi language. It would be get helped to differentiate between marathi and hindi language. Also marathi will be get unique lipi/script as like Gujarati, Bangla, Oriya and punjabi.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock