Zee network new regional entertainment & movie channel launching this year's

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 31
  • Views: Views 8,948
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) is planning to launch high-definition (HD) channels in the regional general entertainment space.

“We are waiting for licence approvals to launch regional HD channels,” a senior ZEEL official said. The company could also launch a new movie channel in a regional language this fiscal.

But these are low-cost investments and no major new channel launches are in the pipeline.

Major broadcast networks are expanding their portfolio of HD channels. Earlier this month, Viacom18 launched HD feed for three of its regional entertainment channels—Colors Kannada, Colors Marathi and Colors Bangla. After launching a slew of HD channels in sports and English entertainment space, Star India has also started launching HD versions of its regional GECs.

Outside channel launches, ZEEL intends to double its movie production investments to Rs 150 crore in FY17, as it seeks to expand in Hindi- and Marathi-language genres. In FY16, it had invested Rs 70–80 crore (Rs 700–800 million) in its film production business.

Read more at: ZEEL plans HD channels in regional space; no big launches on the cards | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

ZEE India has announced the launch of ZEE Yuva – a Marathi channel targeting a younger audience.
ZEE Yuva will complement existing Marathi services, ZEE Marathi and ZEE Talkies. Core values of the channel are based on the reflection of today’s Marathi youth with unique refreshing content, strong relationship driven storyline based in today’s contemporary reality, filled with passion and capturing the strong, rooted Marathi culture and youth qualities. ZEE Yuva will be Maharashtra’s only channel offering content which is ‘Youthful’ in nature.
ZEE Yuva will be launched in August 2016.

ZEE India to launch Marathi channel, ZEE Yuva | BizAsia Media | The UK's only Asian media news site

Bro should have posted it in different thread :k As its breaking news anyway mods will do that..Thanks for The Share Bro :tup

Good news for marathi viewers :tup

expecting regional hd channels from them :sp

SarfaRaZ said:
Bro should have posted it in different thread :k As its breaking news anyway mods will do that..Thanks for The Share Bro :tup

Should i do it now?
I thought that
But somebody will say
Thread running already
So thought to post it here

shantanu said:
Should i do it now?
I thought that
But somebody will say
Thread running already
So thought to post it here

yeah bro, I think you should create new thread for this news.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock