zee studio hd audio problem

shiwesh

Reaction score
Ch. No. 212, zee studio hd has audio prob.

I have already written to adtv. You can also write, hope all of you are facing this issue.

Regards

no, its not...it still produces a highly annoying mono sound from front left, front right, and rear left...though AVR shows dolby digital, its just mono, not even stereo i guess...

Mr. Resh have you checked last week, It was fine
If it's gone worst again, then mention that way.
I think this is happened from the broadcaster end. Because members using other dth also complaining the audio problem

Link Removed

No, 5.1 ch sound is different issue. That day sound was worst on zee studio hd. And that prob of adtv only. This had happened in adtv with movies now hd few months back and again yesterday or today morning (cant recall exact timing) but movies now hd sound was messed up. This is regular in adtv these days.

Airtel STB is capable of decoding Dolby digital plus
But they are not even providing providing good quality dolby digital
They are providing 384 kbps bitrate sound for dolby digital
Star HD channels are using Dolby Digital plus encoding, so we are getting comparatively better audio in reduced bitrate also.
For other channels zee studio HD, Movies now HD etc after butchering process of airtel technicians, we are getting distorted audio.
Main reason is to reduce bandwidth by compromising quality.

I think it has become regular practice i adtv hd to have audio issues. That day it was zee studio hd,again i found the same in movies now hd and today again zee studio hd has audio issues. The worst part is reluctant cc if you call and explain them.

jayanji said:
Airtel STB is capable of decoding Dolby digital plus
But they are not even providing providing good quality dolby digital
They are providing 384 kbps bitrate sound for dolby digital
Star HD channels are using Dolby Digital plus encoding, so we are getting comparatively better audio in reduced bitrate also.
For other channels zee studio HD, Movies now HD etc after butchering process of airtel technicians, we are getting distorted audio.
Main reason is to reduce bandwidth by compromising quality.

384kbps is the bit rate from source for channels like Movies Now HD and Colors HD. If Airtel pass them through without even decoding and encoding (forget about butchering), then we can still get good quality sound as broadcasted from the source.

They promised me in November that they will stop butchering the content and after few weeks of unadulterated audio on Star Movies HD, they have reverted back to butchering though its much milder than before. This establishes that they do it just for the heck of it to maintain productivity of their employees and utilize the investment and employees hired for this purpose.

Star HD channels somehow get 448kbps by Airtel and Tatasky when we should ideally be getting Dolby Digital Plus as advertised by Star. However, if these operators continue butchering content like this, even if they give Dolby True HD, it will still be similarly compromised!

They have increased cost of channels and packages also to accommodate inflated staff and equipment hired for this purpose!

Last week of November they had promised to pass through audio of the channels I had reported once I confirm that it fixes the reported issues within 3 days. They even told me to send a return ticket to their NoC if that doesn't fix the problems. I had confirmed that pass through has fixed the issue, but they never updated in several weeks and during the last week of December again started butchering the content even on Star Movies HD.

Now few days back they called to update that they will ask the NoC technicians to pass audio on these channels as promised. However within the next few minutes called again to inform that NoC team has again denied making the changes for unknown reason! They think they are better than the broadcasters or the sound engineers when they do not even understand the A of Audio!

If they are using Dolby digital plus, then we get 640 Kbps. Referring to the Dolby technical details from 384 Kbps also Airtel can produce 640 Kbps sound. They were tested this long before. I recorded that & now also I can watch with 640 Kbps.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock