Seeking Help Zee Tamil HD (LCN 752) picture clarity issues.

I have checked this issue for three months and now I am 100 per cent confirmed that this issue is program specific. It happens only for the serials started last year (2019) and in all the reality shows. It happened even during the telecast of Zee Cine Awards Tamil show telecast. For the older serials and movies, everything is perfect. I think it is an issue related to the frame rate mismatch and hence the edges of every subject and object in a frame get mismatched when there is a simple horizontal movement of the frame for those new serials and reality shows. In the mean time, I have tried to contact Zee Tamil through Twitter and Facebook numerous times, but I have not received a response yet. I did not find an official e-mail contact, hence I tried to send the mail to [email protected] that is currently available in their official website but to no avail. Is there anyway out?

I raised a complaint in the National Consumer helpline for this reckless attitude of Zee Tamil, but I received a response that "You are requested to forward the issue to the MIB". I expected this response since when I attempted to register the complaint, I did not find "Broadcasters/Broadcasting Industry" listed as an entity for violating the Consumer law. We have a mechanism to hold the DTH operators accountable but no such thing is available for those irresponsible broadcasters who are not even responding and unless they respond, how could they even know the presence of an unique issue ? The broadcasters fix the price for the Channels, but are not accountable for an inferior service provided by them. If there is some objectionable content shown on Television channels, then viewers can reach Broadcasting Content Complaint Council (BCCC) for resolution and if the are some objectionable advertisements, the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) is there to help us out. But this issue is neither related to both and hence no meaningful mechanism is available.

When a broadcaster fixes an HD channel price at Rs.19, then the viewer demands perfection. This issue in this HD channel for select programs makes it look like the 1990s transmission of Doordarshan and it is very horrible to watch despite being an HD channel and it is really shocking how could they transmit an HD channel like this.

Is there anybody watching this Zee Tamil HD channel through Cable operators ?

I have checked this issue for three months and now I am 100 per cent confirmed that this issue is program specific. It happens only for the serials started last year (2019) and in all the reality shows. It happened even during the telecast of Zee Cine Awards Tamil show telecast. For the older serials and movies, everything is perfect. I think it is an issue related to the frame rate mismatch and hence the edges of every subject and object in a frame get mismatched when there is a simple horizontal movement of the frame for those new serials and reality shows. In the mean time, I have tried to contact Zee Tamil through Twitter and Facebook numerous times, but I have not received a response yet. I did not find an official e-mail contact, hence I tried to send the mail to [email protected] that is currently available in their official website but to no avail. Is there anyway out?

I raised a complaint in the National Consumer helpline for this reckless attitude of Zee Tamil, but I received a response that "You are requested to forward the issue to the MIB". I expected this response since when I attempted to register the complaint, I did not find "Broadcasters/Broadcasting Industry" listed as an entity for violating the Consumer law. We have a mechanism to hold the DTH operators accountable but no such thing is available for those irresponsible broadcasters who are not even responding and unless they respond, how could they even know the presence of an unique issue ? The broadcasters fix the price for the Channels, but are not accountable for an inferior service provided by them. If there is some objectionable content shown on Television channels, then viewers can reach Broadcasting Content Complaint Council (BCCC) for resolution and if the are some objectionable advertisements, the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) is there to help us out. But this issue is neither related to both and hence no meaningful mechanism is available.

When a broadcaster fixes an HD channel price at Rs.19, then the viewer demands perfection. This issue in this HD channel for select programs makes it look like the 1990s transmission of Doordarshan and it is very horrible to watch despite being an HD channel and it is really shocking how could they transmit an HD channel like this.

Is there anybody watching this Zee Tamil HD channel through Cable operators ?

Could someone please say if there is any possible way to contact and let this irresponsible people at Zee Tamil know about the technical issue?

Hello @Siva, an update. After a lot of searching, I found out a technical head contact for Zee Tamil and after repeated calls and mails with necessary screenshots showing the frame overlap issue for specific shows on Zee Tamil HD, the issue was finally resolved by their technical team in the last week of September, 2020. I just checked for few more months to make sure that the issue is not occurring any more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock