Zee TV’s ‘Jamai Raja’ to replace ‘Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se’

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Zee TV has unveiled its new primetime offering ‘Jamai Raja’ which will replace its underperforming fiction show ‘Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se’ in the 8:30 pm band.
The show will air from 4 August, every Monday to Friday.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.c om, the show aims to move away from presenting ‘bahus’ on Indian television and delve into a new relationship between the mother-in-law and son-in-law.
Zee TV programming head Namit Sharma said, “After the success of our previous launch ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ which is only moving from strength to strength each week in the 9 pm slot, we’re happy to present a very interesting show that defies stereotypes at 8:30 pm. Our new show ‘Jamai Raja’ showcases an interesting reversal of roles where instead of the bahu, it is the jamai who attempts to repair the estranged relationship between his wife and mother-in-law with the deft use of a sharp mind, his understanding of human nature and his endearing ways. It is a look at how men are increasingly turning more progressive and willing to enter domains that were for the longest time considered a female prerogative.”
‘Jamai Raja’ is producer Ashwini Yardi and Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar’s first television project under the banner Grazing Goats Pictures. The duo is co-producing the show with Sagar Pictures.
L-R Meenakshi Sagar, Ashwini Yardi & Namit Sharma
It will see the male protagonist Siddharath, essayed by Ravi Dubey, proactively take on what has been otherwise considered a woman’s prerogative, and embark on a journey of setting right the discord between his wife and mother-in-law after marriage and filling their world with love and happiness.
Ashwini Yardi added, “I have some extremely fond memories from my stint at Zee TV. I will always cherish the team I was a part of and the projects I’ve worked on. Since my years at Zee have laid the foundation for the career I have built, when it came to my own first television production venture, I knew it had to be Zee TV. ‘Jamai Raja’ is set against an interesting urban canvas, a progressive premise and has strong, well-defined protagonists. We’ve worked extremely hard towards getting the casting perfect and pushed the envelope as far as production values are concerned. I believe we have a great product in hand, we look forward to the audience response.”
The show is set against the backdrop of South Mumbai’s upscale Cuffe Parade. The story captures how Siddharth, despite being a jet-setting hotelier with a growing empire to tend to, takes it upon himself to repair the estranged relationship between his wife Roshni and mother-in law Durga Devi (DD). While DD has seen the trials and tribulations of poverty and struggled her way up to the riches, she has hardened over the years and has no tolerance for laziness and mediocrity. An enterprising jewellery magnate, she is constantly on the move, has a razor-sharp mind and a tongue to match.
Daughter Roshni, on the other hand, has a rebellious streak. With an independent mind of her own, she is not about to treat DD’s ideologies as the gospel truth. Born in the lap of luxury, she has not let her riches spoil her silly. She, in fact, feels strongly for the underprivileged and actively works for their welfare through an NGO she runs. With such strong, opposite personalities under a roof, sparks are bound to fly. Zee TV’s ‘Jamai Raja’ to replace ‘Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se’ | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock