Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 301,525
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhinav

Editor-in-Chief, DreamDTH News
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Source

Source

IMG20210922080929.jpg

IMG20210922082147.jpg

IMG20210922082200.jpg

IMG20210922082144.jpg

Last edited:
I'm awaiting for KBC in Tamil now. Used to be on Vijay tv long back. Now, it can be expected on Zee Tamil. Also, Zee Tamil used to air Tamil dubbed version of CID. Wish they bring the Tamil originals now.

Hope they do something to their Sports channels with a new logo. As zee channels are present in every regional market almost, Sony can strengthen its regional sports presence by including the sports channels in regional packs. Can anticipate Sony's foray into other regional markets with sports channels.

@Jaffer7080 bro's dreams are coming true now. Sony and Zee are merging. Now Rajshri, Excel, Trimurti Films, SPN Pictures, Aamir Khan Productions will air on SPN channels, I think the seed of merger was sown long time ago with Sahara Motion Pictures Films and SPN Films digital going to Zee5

Wow, this is simply HUGE! Zee and Sony is about as good a merger as Sony and Viacom18 which didn’t happen. The overlap is actually very less and consists mostly of Hindi GECs, Hindi movie channels and English movies plus Marathi and Bengali to a small extent. Otherwise there are hardly any areas of overlap. Sony’s strength is sports and Zee’s is the regional business. This is an excellent match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock