Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 303,057
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a slight chance for the merger to pass. Sony has been trying to reduce its presence worldwide by selling all its networks and focusing on movie production and distribution. If greenlit, I believe the Sony brand in India could be saying bye-bye soon and the channels either shut down or rebranded into Zees.

I think there's a slight chance for the merger to pass. Sony has been trying to reduce its presence worldwide by selling all its networks and focusing on movie production and distribution. If greenlit, I believe the Sony brand in India could be saying bye-bye soon and the channels either shut down or rebranded into Zees.
Not happening, remember Zee news is not for sale as of now.

Nope not at all happening

no way. Zee news still there with a different management (so many sources reports they fabricating and report fake news)
Zee network will get same treatment as 20th century Fox (it's 20th century studios now).
it's all about branding.

Zee network will get same treatment as 20th century Fox (it's 20th century studios now).
it's all about branding.
NEVER! Had that been the case how Columbia and Tristar brands still exist? Because they have the word "A Sony Pictures Company" written below. Had it been single acquisition of channels like SAB TV and Channel 8, then the case would have been different.

Even in tech world, Motorola was acquired twice. First by Google and then by Lenovo. Did they ever drop the Motorola brand? NO!

ZEE, if merged with Sony after all this dramabazi, will retain its brand but will have to write the word "a Sony Pictures Network company" below the brand. Nothing else will change.

NEVER! Had that been the case how Columbia and Tristar brands still exist? Because they have the word "A Sony Pictures Company" written below. Had it been single acquisition of channels like SAB TV and Channel 8, then the case would have been different.

Even in tech world, Motorola was acquired twice. First by Google and then by Lenovo. Did they ever drop the Motorola brand? NO!

ZEE, if merged with Sony after all this dramabazi, will retain its brand but will have to write the word "a Sony Pictures Network company" below the brand. Nothing else will change.
Even Sony never touched on 'Ten' brand name.

Even Sony never touched on 'Ten' brand name.
But it changed the logo. Today the old logo is found only in Pakistan/Middle East, where Ten Sports and Ten Cricket still exist.

Even then, both the Zee and Sony brands are too well-known to be retired. They will continue for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock