After parents, teachers are the most influential and life-changing role models for children. They inspire, encourage, and guide us to find the best in ourselves and strive for excellence. Undoubtedly, they are the real heroes who dedicate themselves in shaping other’s life and create role models that we look up to.
Extending gratitude for their commitment to shaping lives, Sony YAY! celebrates Teacher’s Day with the fourth edition of their marquee initiative, Heroes Behind the Heroes, by honouring the change-makers from different walks of life for their valuable contribution to the society.
Building on the success of its previous editions, the much-acclaimed initiative has celebrated and honoured champions in the likes of Sania Mirza, Kailash Satyarthi, Subhash Ghai, Anupam Kher, Pandit Birju Maharaj, Mahavir Singh Phogat amongst others.
This year, the channel acknowledges most legendary icons of education, tech, space-science, sports and entertainment industries.
1. Sudha Murty – As the Chairperson of the Infosys Foundation, through her relentless efforts, has extended a helping hand to the under privileged in the areas of arts, culture, ritual development and hunger eradication.
2. Dr Mylswamy Annadurai Dubbed as the “Moon Man of India”, he is the former director of ISRO Satellite Centre and has also played key roles in some of the country’s most complex missions like Chandrayaan & Mangalyaan
3. Byju Raveendran – He is thefounder of Byjus app and has revolutionized and reformed modern-day education with technology!
4. Sonu Sood – He is an actor who has won hearts with his unmatched generosity and has emerged as a pillar of support during the lockdown for many migrants across the country.
5. Shilpa Shetty Kundra – An actor, fitness enthusiast and entrepreneur,shehas been instrumental in fostering the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle amongst young parents and children
6. Shafali Verma – She is the latest batting sensation in the Indian Women’s Cricket Team, who became the youngest Indian to score an international half-century – surpassing a 30-year-old record held by Sachin Tendulkar
7. Jwala Gutta – She is one of the country’s most decorated badminton players having won a Gold medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games
Leena Lele Dutta, Business Head, Sony Pictures Networks India, Kids’ Genre!, said, “Teachers play an important role in all of our lives, as they build the foundation of our future and support us in everything that we aspire to be! They are the real nation-builders with the multitude of roles they play in our lives. On this teacher’s day, we at Sony YAY! extend our tribute to these icons of our country“.