DDF Exclusive 3 Dish TV NSS6 Transponders going to be removed due to End of Life

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 8,534

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
3 Dish TV NSS6 Transponders going to be removed due to End of Life

r0YCe7w.jpg

Transponder life ends before satellite life, how ? :rolleyes:
The satellite might not have power left to power all the transponders so the satellite owner might switch off the transponders. I don't know the exact reason.

3 Dish TV NSS6 Transponders going to be removed due to End of Life

r0YCe7w.jpg
They were planning to shift to new SES-12 becuase NSS-6 has completed its life. So channels on these three TPs are moved to some other sattelite?

They were planning to shift to new SES-12 becuase NSS-6 has completed its life. So channels on these three TPs are moved to some other sattelite?
We all know that NSS 6 already completed its life last year DEC and there were news that it will be replaced my new sat SES-12. What I think is that Dishtv has initially started to implement this strategy of shifting the channels from NSS 6 to other sat since NSS 6 will no longer be there. As of now they choose SES-8 and shifting the channels to it.

Maybe in near future they might be shifting channels from SES-8 back to new sat SES-12.

Would be thankful to Dishtv if they uses new sat SES-12 for all channels since this sat has good footprint in Middle east region as well and people there can get all channels which they are currently missing.

We all know that NSS 6 already completed its life last year DEC and there were news that it will be replaced my new sat SES-12. What I think is that Dishtv has initially started to implement this strategy of shifting the channels from NSS 6 to other sat since NSS 6 will no longer be there. As of now they choose SES-8 and shifting the channels to it.

Maybe in near future they might be shifting channels from SES-8 back to new sat SES-12.

Would be thankful to Dishtv if they uses new sat SES-12 for all channels since this sat has good footprint in Middle east region as well and people there can get all channels which they are currently missing.
SES-8 has operationcal life of 15 years (expiring in 2028). I just checked the coverage map on SES website, SES-8 has better foot print in middle east than SES-12.

SES-8 has operationcal life of 15 years (expiring in 2028). I just checked the coverage map on SES website, SES-8 has better foot print in middle east than SES-12.
Maybe you are correct.

I think we need to consider the sat beam for "South Asia KU band". In that case SES-12 coverage is little bit more than SES-8. Maybe i am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock