DDF Exclusive 4 DTH operators showcaused by TRAI for migrating ARP customers

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 2,949

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
Dish TV, Tata Sky, Sun Direct and Independent TV showcaused for migrating ARP customers.

(a) desist from migrating long term plan subscribers to any new plan till the contracted period unless the subscriber opts out of it or the validity of the long term plan expires, whichever is earlier;
(b) reinstate to earlier long term plans with original validity date to the subscribers who have been migrated to any new plan unless the subscriber has himself opted out for; and
(c)submit compliance to regulation 17 of the Telecommunication (Broadcasting and Cable) Services Standards of Quality of Service and Consumer Protection (Addressable Systems) Regulations, 2017 within seven (07) days from the date of issue of this direction.

Direction to Tata Sky Ltd to ensure compliance of various provisions of the New Regulatory Framework for Broadcasting and Cable TV Services.
Direction to Independent TV Ltd to ensure compliance of various provisions of the New Regulatory Framework for Broadcasting and Cable TV Services.
Direction to Sun Direct TV Ltd to ensure compliance of various provisions of the New Regulatory Framework for Broadcasting and Cable TV Services.
Direction to Dish TV India Ltd to ensure compliance of various provisions of the New Regulatory Framework for Broadcasting and Cable TV Services.

Last edited:
So @Basil Bro, is it possible to get back the LDP after this notice ??? My LDP was unique, base pack and Multi TV was LDP while HDAF was monthly.

(b) reinstate to earlier long term plans with original validity date to the subscribers who have been migrated to any new plan unless the subscriber has himself opted out for

This is confusing, it says that resist unless customer has himself changed, so TS had said all have to change so based on that i changed. I hope i am allowed to get back LDP

Last edited:
Bro I had to change / update my pack from the pack given by dishtv since it was very expensive.So will I have a a option or get my old LDP Pack it was a vey good pack.I was forced to opt for a pack to reduce the monthly bill.Please help.

Did u change it by yourself ??? Or automatically they changed

Did u change it by yourself ??? Or automatically they changed
First they changed automatically from Dish Prime HD South Pack to South Titanium HD Pack without my permission.I followed all the rules given by Trai on LDP customers,yet they changed my pack.Since I was loosing many of the important channels I had to use Make my Pack and had to make a pack with less channels and minimal/least expensive budget,in the process i lost many of the previous avaliable channels but the monthly bill did not reduce.

(b) reinstate to earlier long term plans with original validity date to the subscribers who have been migrated to any new plan unless the subscriber has himself opted out for

This is confusing, it says that resist unless customer has himself changed, so TS had said all have to change so based on that i changed. I hope i am allowed to get back LDP
So @Basil Bro, is it possible to get back the LDP after this notice ??? My LDP was unique, base pack and Multi TV was LDP while HDAF was monthly.
No they are smart that they didn't do that by themselves. If any changes are made by user he will not be able to revert back.

Last edited:

If they changed themselves then they have to reinstate as per the direction bro.

First they changed automatically from Dish Prime HD South Pack to South Titanium HD Pack without my permission.I followed all the rules given by Trai on LDP customers,yet they changed my pack.Since I was loosing many of the important channels I had to use Make my Pack and had to make a pack with less channels and minimal/least expensive budget,in the process i lost many of the previous avaliable channels but the monthly bill did not reduce.

Complain again to TRAI quoting their directions if Dish TV refuses bro.

And whereas Mjs Dish TVIndia Ltd in response through its letter dated 22nd April 2019, has, inter-alia, informed that that they have migrated the Long Duration customers but in case any customer calls them to provide them the old pack then they are reverting them to their old pack and Dish TVis bearing the additional content cost for such customers;

If they changed themselves then they have to reinstate as per the direction bro.

The issue is that I changed myself on 31st Jan after CC said that all have to change, i changed only after CC said that.

So i guess i am not qualified to get my LDP back.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock