DDF Exclusive 6 HD channels will be added(4 added 2 left )

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come there's a question of revenue share in the new regime? This isn't old regime, where broadcaster and DPO negotiates such deals!

That's Confusing Bro! But DTH Operators Pays Some Percentage Of Incentive To Broadcasters In Case Their Channels Gives Them Good TRP

The Same Has Been Confirmed By My Indiacast Source Also!

But As Per Regime They Can't Pay From Their Revenue!

Non-Inclusion Of Udaya HD & Surya HD Also Being Questioned Here!

Even Though Many Of Us Here Sent Mails To TRAI Also

That's Confusing Bro! But DTH Operators Pays Some Percentage Of Incentive To Broadcasters In Case Their Channels Gives Them Good TRP

Actually situation may be quite different - I think considering doubts about popularity of these sun network hd channels, airtel must have requested sun network to enter a limited time carriage fee deal to carry these channels on their platform or maybe broadcaster would have approached them at first with such an offer. Point of conflict would be amount which respective sides might be accepting / willing to pay.

If above is sorted then later on smaller concerns like entering fresh bouquet agreement which includes these channels could be worked out. Having figures for penetration of these channels alongside their LCN placement will be factored in & help in signing agreement on mutually favourable terms

Infact case is reverse, broadcasters give discounts to operators which provide better subscription / reach to their channels. These r mentioned in RIO documents. Premium above regular fixed deal price used to be norm in previous framework where new channels were inducted mid way thru contract and accordingly some % increase in payment was done to broadcasters

Even if they pay incentives, that should be AFTER the channel addition on the respective platform. The broadcaster can't possibly be negotiating incentives which is not even mandatory and refuse the addition. I don't think that's the reason. And I'm not even sure if DPO pays incentives, it should actually be the broadcaster who should do it, as they are getting maximum revenue based on the reach of the channel!

@Vadirocks bro your information is true.

This image is taken from latest Airtel's RIO Document. As we can see, they updated Surya HD, Udaya HD in Broadcaster Bouquet but the same hasn't reflected on Selfcare.

@Vadirocks bro your information is true.

This image is taken from latest Airtel's RIO Document. As we can see, they updated Surya HD, Udaya HD in Broadcaster Bouquet but the same hasn't reflected on Selfcare.

It's There Since Months But They Yet To Add On Selfcare Bro!

I Sent So Many Mails Regarding This!

@dino29 & @Siva - Finally Cat Is Out Of The Bag!

Sun Insisting ADTV To Give More Revenue Share For Providing Udaya HD, Surya HD & Upcoming Gemini Movies HD & Gemini Music HD,

Airtel Denied The Ratio Which Is Asked By Sun!

Airtel Have Asked Certain Time To Check Real Demand For Those 4 HD Channels And That's The Reason Still These 2 HD Channels Not Included In Bouquets!

Sun & Airtel To Take Call On It Very Soon!
Airtel should raise this issue with TRAI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock