Airtel 4K Internet TV Launched [Detail and Price]

• Thread starter iphifi
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 284
  • Views: Views 60,814
It is Android powered DTH set top box by Airtel. It has internet features so named as internet TV.
But the Android features are useless when the tv itself is a smart Android tv. No option where it is a normal stb but supports 4k channels for future proof?

But the Android features are useless when the tv itself is a smart Android tv. No option where it is a normal stb but supports 4k channels for future proof?
It is like FireTV Stick which where Android OS works even with normal TVs.

4K channels not coming to India atleast for next few years as still HD channels feed not exist for many popular channels yet. So it is future proof thing only.

Features of the box well explained on first post of this thread.

It is like FireTV Stick which where Android OS works even with normal TVs.

4K channels not coming to India atleast for next few years as still HD channels feed not exist for many popular channels yet. So it is future proof thing only.

Features of the box well explained on first post of this thread.
Yes bro, I understood the features of this box. What I meant to say in the previous comment is that since her TV itself is a smart Android tv, all the Android features of this box will be of no use.

The whole point of my first post was to suggest my friend a dth to install with her new mi tv 4 pro, a dth which is having/is ready for 4k channels.

So what I want is a basic dth set top box having support for 4k channels, whenever they launch in future.

@Tha.RP8 Bro!! Go with HD STB only Becoz 4k channels will not be Launched in India even in the next 5yrs also due bandwidth issue in DTHs. So, why pay extra for a service which is not available right now.

@Tha.RP8 Bro!! Go with HD STB only Becoz 4k channels will not be Launched in India even in the next 5yrs also due bandwidth issue in DTHs. So, why pay extra for a service which is not available right now.
Actually I am good with airtel hd, I have been using it since a long time. Its just my friend bought a new 4k tv and asked for my advice regarding 4k connection.So I am being extra sure before giving any advice to her!! So currently no dth has 4k ready normal (normal means not smart)set top box, right? Eg. if world cup is telecast in 4k, then how to watch in that case in existing dth operators?

@Tha.RP8 bro,
Currently No Broadcaster broadcast their content In 4K in India. And I don't think this scene going to change very soon. See, star or sony gives 4K content that too event based. Like they can provide Cricket world cup or football world cup in 4K in near future if they wish but as of now No regular 4K provider is there.
If you buy today A 4K ready set top box from any of existing service provider there Will be no gurantee that they will provide the 4K content to you when Broadcaster provides.
That's why I'll recommend you to go for Amazon fire TV stick 4K where U can stream 4K content as well as normal full HD content regularly(I assume Your friend have very good Internet connection which can stream 4K)
Check out the product on Amazon page

Last edited:
@Optimus_Prime But the TV is already a smart Android tv (mi tv 4 pro). Does it really need an extra stick to stream? It can do that by itself right?

@Optimus_Prime But the TV is already a smart Android tv (mi tv 4 pro). Does it really need an extra stick to stream? It can do that by itself right?
then no need. u can go 4 any normal HD settop box.
in future when 4k become mainstream( approx 5 years from now) , then you can upgrade your existing box to 4K

then no need. u can go 4 any normal HD settop box.
in future when 4k become mainstream( approx 5 years from now) , then you can upgrade your existing box to 4K
Ok thanks. I'll be suggesting Airtel hd based on my experience then.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock