- 10 Jan 2014
- Reaction score
Here is Airtel's own description:1) Possible To Play 4k Video Via USB??
2) Catch 4k Channel When Available??
Because Airtel Never Mentioned 4K On Outer Boxes.
Airtel Android based 4K (content dependent) Set-top box with 2GB RAM and 8GB memory.
Airtel InternetTV is a 4K ready, android-TV based set-top box from Airtel that transform your TV with a host of exciting and useful features.
2. How is it better than regular dth set-top boxes or different from competitors?
a)Airtel InternetTV is an Android based 4K set-top box that comes with 2GB RAM and 8GB internal memory. It also supports - Google Voice-search, Dolby ATMOS, SD Card and multiple USB slots. b)It has Inbuilt 4K Chromecast for casting and screen mirroring your phones content.
VIDEO FEATURE 4096x2160 60 fpsSupports:MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.265, H.264, MC, VC-1, VP9, AVI, MP-4, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MP4 and MKV
1. Although it supports 4K I personally feel that the processor may become outdated with future updates and stb may become slow.How to watch my photos, movies that are on my personal USB drive?
You need to connect your pen-drive and mark it as local storage in Android settings. You will need to download any App from Google Playstore that supports local content browsing. Few examples are ES File explorer, VLC etc.
2. During the launch they never mentioned 4K DTH channels. All they said was 4K chromecast , 4K Netflix, 4K video etc. So not 100% sure if the tuner will support 4K satellite channels.
3. Outer box that comes with STB mentions '4K capable' as the first feature. Anyway better to directly contact Airtel to clear doubts of whether it will play 4K DTH channels.
We have to take own broadband but you may get combo offers from Airtel.Internet they provide or we separately connect from a source, bro. And where we purchase it.
Also STB is locked to the DTH connection. So active DTH account is required to use Android TV features.