Airtel 4K Internet TV Launched [Detail and Price]

• Thread starter iphifi
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 284
  • Views: Views 60,816
1) Possible To Play 4k Video Via USB??
2) Catch 4k Channel When Available??

Because Airtel Never Mentioned 4K On Outer Boxes.
Here is Airtel's own description:
Airtel Android based 4K (content dependent) Set-top box with 2GB RAM and 8GB memory.
Airtel InternetTV is a 4K ready, android-TV based set-top box from Airtel that transform your TV with a host of exciting and useful features.
2. How is it better than regular dth set-top boxes or different from competitors?
a)Airtel InternetTV is an Android based 4K set-top box that comes with 2GB RAM and 8GB internal memory. It also supports - Google Voice-search, Dolby ATMOS, SD Card and multiple USB slots. b)It has Inbuilt 4K Chromecast for casting and screen mirroring your phones content.
VIDEO FEATURE 4096x2160 60 fpsSupports:MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.265, H.264, MC, VC-1, VP9, AVI, MP-4, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MP4 and MKV
How to watch my photos, movies that are on my personal USB drive?
You need to connect your pen-drive and mark it as local storage in Android settings. You will need to download any App from Google Playstore that supports local content browsing. Few examples are ES File explorer, VLC etc.
1. Although it supports 4K I personally feel that the processor may become outdated with future updates and stb may become slow.
2. During the launch they never mentioned 4K DTH channels. All they said was 4K chromecast , 4K Netflix, 4K video etc. So not 100% sure if the tuner will support 4K satellite channels.
3. Outer box that comes with STB mentions '4K capable' as the first feature. Anyway better to directly contact Airtel to clear doubts of whether it will play 4K DTH channels.
Internet they provide or we separately connect from a source, bro. And where we purchase it.
We have to take own broadband but you may get combo offers from Airtel.
Also STB is locked to the DTH connection. So active DTH account is required to use Android TV features.

Last edited:
4K channels not coming in near future in any of the DTH in India, even Tata Sky and Videocon D2h has removed their 4k channels, they are equal to 4 HD channels and 8 SD channels. Also there are not enough programs available for 4K channels in India. Airtel never said that their STB supports 4k channels and if it has supported they must have launched 1 4K channel at launch itself similar to others.

Is it still restricted to take only specified packs or can we create our own a.c to trai's new rules

Airtel Internet TV STB,
still this service available ?
Q3ooV2F.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock