Breaking Airtel Digital TV in talks with Dish TV for merger

Are you happy with Airtel Digital TV - Dish TV merger?

• Total voters
After Videocon D2h and Dish TV Merger, another big change is about to come in DTH industry, As per news Airtel Digital TV is approaching Dish TV for merger, Till Now Airtel is having around 27% Market share in DTH industry, and Dish TV has around 34% , After merger Airtel Digital and dish tv combined will have around 61% market share, They will be having more than 61% market share. It is assume, all these steps are being taken on Jio upcoming Giga TV, Where in Jio TV will be providing combined product with Broadband and Giga TV service.
Its assumed after bing hit on telecom industry, Reliance Jio may effect DTH Industry also. We have to wait till any official communication from any of the officials.

Regards

GV

I hope this merge will won't happen. Now we know the situation of Dishtv+d2h. So If Airtel will also joined with dishtv then what happen we all know......
I will be happy if Airtel merge with Tata Sky or work with Sony or other Tv network like Tata Sky works with Star India.

I hope this merge will won't happen. Now we know the situation of Dishtv+d2h. So If Airtel will also joined with dishtv then what happen we all know......
I will be happy if Airtel merge with Tata Sky or work with Sony or other Tv network like Tata Sky works with Star India.
I think it will b better if airtel merge with dishd2h
I think it will not happen again
As broad casters asking more money to add channels,it's not dishd2h fault
So merging airtel dishd2h will give tough competition to Jio and tatsky
New stbs will launch with latest features will b launched
Big company means more finance
Don't think it will happen same, as earlier happened with dishd2h merging, now things changed after trai rule

Last edited:
I think it will b better if airtel merge with dishd2h
I think it will not happen again
As broad casters asking more money to add channels,it's not dishd2h fault
So merging airtel dishd2h will give tough competition to Jio and tatsky
New stbs will launch with latest features will b launched
Big company means more finance
Don't think it will happen same, as earlier happened with dishd2h merging, now things changed after trai rule
As of now Airtel adding channels in every week. But after merge with dishd2h it will be not happen.
We know that dishd2h not adding channels.

As of now Airtel adding channels in every week. But after merge with dishd2h it will be not happen.
We know that dis hd2h not adding channels.
1. After Merger Dish-D2H users can realign dish to Airtel Satellite then most of he required channels will be covered.

2. IMO... The Merged DTH will demand high Carreige Fee making it difficult to add new channels just like present Dish-D2H situation.

The 2nd point can be quite opposite in reality we cant expect how it will turn out in future

Last edited:
Now future of DTH is Airtel vs Jio vs Tata Sky it seems and biggest loss will be for Tata Sky because it will be then smaller company in comparison to other two

Now future of DTH is Airtel vs Jio vs Tata Sky it seems and biggest loss will be for Tata Sky because it will be then smaller company in comparison to other two
Now Airtel realizes revenue will increase from DTH after TRAI rules.

With TV + Internet + Landline Jio will be ultimate winner.

There is just one issue, Jio is not Tier 1 ISP but Tata are so in reality Jio is buying bandwidth from them more over TS people are smart, look their reply

So, DTH is feeling the heat from OTT.
It is not out of pressure. It is because I am in the content business. My life depends on the customer. I was buying content from broadcasters earlier and supplying it to customer via satellite. Customer sometimes wants to watch the content of his choice, my job is to fetch that content for him. I am not wedded to the satellite.

Tata Sky will be the supplier of Netflix, Hotstar, Amazon Prime: CMD Harit Nagpal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock