Airtel DTH HD quality and sharpness reduced?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So, I have an Airtel HD+ recorder installed on my 40'' TV, and till yesterday, I had the Economy Sports Plus + HD (22 channels, I think) installed. Yesterday, I switched the base package (through customercare) to MyPlan 99 pack, and installed HDPLUS topup for Rs. 204 atop it (alongside some other topups). I did so, because previously I had to pay for both SD and HD versions of the same channels (like, Sony Pix and Sony Pix HD). Also, by switching to this plan, I have an extra channel, AXN HD, included in the HDPLUS package, that I very much love to watch. :)

But ever since I switched, there's a noticeable reduction in picture quality, even in HD channels. The resolution is still 1080p (checked it on the system settings), but somehow, the clarity, sharpness and quality is less in HD channels, and in SD channels as well. :-/

So, does the HDPLUS topup cause the same HD channels to be streamed in worse qualities than in the case of costlier base packages? :'( Or is it just a technical issue?

Thanks for any help.

Not lose pq.....better than tata sky...

Changing package will not affect pic quality. Bro ADTV have the superior picture quality in :hd channels. You have also quality problem in SD channels.. So first of all check with another HDMI cable.

No bro adtv picture quality is superior and the best

I am also using airtel HD+ with recorder box

Yes there is very slight graininess in some HD channels from yesterday or earlier. I haven't watched too many HD programs last week but I did notice slight deterioration in PQ in SWP while watching Agents of Shield yesterday night. The alien planet scene (low light setting) which were very clear in the past episodes looked a bit grainier and dull. Also once noticed squares in dark light scenes in AXN HD. Don't know if it was due to original camera issue or a new compression in ADTV.

Actually, after reverting back to the previous Economy Sports Plus + HD package, the picture appears to be crisp once again. I enquired with the customer care, and they said that the MyPlan 99 pack is for ADTV SD+ connections, while my box us HD+.

But what amazes me is that, the HDPLUS topup that they've made available for the MyPlan99 base pack unlocks the same HD channels. And yet, the quality is slightly lesser, if this is not temporarily due to the gaininess that iphifi mentions.

They cannot customize a broadcast pack preference wise coz its a broadcast its same for all. However the picture quality has gone down just a little I must say but not enough to cause a worry though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock