Airtel DTH HD quality and sharpness reduced?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheEternalFlame said:
Hello everyone. So, I have an Airtel HD+ recorder installed on my 40'' TV, and till yesterday, I had the Economy Sports Plus + HD (22 channels, I think) installed. Yesterday, I switched the base package (through customercare) to MyPlan 99 pack, and installed HDPLUS topup for Rs. 204 atop it (alongside some other topups). I did so, because previously I had to pay for both SD and HD versions of the same channels (like, Sony Pix and Sony Pix HD). Also, by switching to this plan, I have an extra channel, AXN HD, included in the HDPLUS package, that I very much love to watch. :)

But ever since I switched, there's a noticeable reduction in picture quality, even in HD channels. The resolution is still 1080p (checked it on the system settings), but somehow, the clarity, sharpness and quality is less in HD channels, and in SD channels as well. :-/

So, does the HDPLUS topup cause the same HD channels to be streamed in worse qualities than in the case of costlier base packages? :'( Or is it just a technical issue?

Thanks for any help.
Bro I am using free one month economy sports pack with 33 hd pack which I got with my hd connection. Is it the reasons for my worse pq of sd and hd channels?

Did you change the box? Are you using the DVR box (old one with HDD) or the new HD box with pendrive recording?

Btw, I also noticed a big dip in quality. But I am not sure because of what. I used to use DVR Box. Then recently, I purchased their new HD box with pen drive recording and the quality of picture is very poor compared to the old experience.

However, I am speaking from memory.

One thing I noticed is that when I used to be on the DVR, there were only a total of 20 HD channels. Now there's almost 50. So, it's likely lthat they are compressing it more heavily now.

One thing I can assure you that, Adtv HD DVR is a tank , built with high quality hardware and firmware. --- I never noticed a simple lagging unless during the BAT updates....It is the best STB- currently available in the Indian DTH market ( Used previously Sun Dth SD , Tatasky SD, Big TV SD & HD , ADTV SD).

@RajendraKP Quality U may notice because of the compression from the Up linking center. .. but it is not the problem of HD DVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock