Airtel HD channels + Space (Testing Started?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DestinyAwaits

Reaction score
Fellow DreamDTH'ins,

Two issues to discuss HD channels addition + Space Crunch

1. Currently Airtel don't have space issues but will feel it when the competitors will add more HD channels, which anytime will happen soon.

Is there a news how Airtel faces that? Like Dish TV uses Monoblock LNB, and as we know SES8 is launching can Airtel hire Tps and use monoblock LNB to increase no. Of channels? Or any option you think they can do to survive or will Airtel customers have to choose another DTH?

2. Regarding HD channels request.

Airtel is quite dead in addition of HD channels dunno the reason for that but, I really feel bad about this.

Any idea when will Airtel add HD channels?

There are 4 premium channels and none available in HD in Airtel and only 2 available in SD dunno why they are giving preference to only regional channels. :(

1 HBO Defined & Hits HD (For so long, waiting for them)
2. Star World Premiere HD (Dunno if its still worth as many episodes aired already)
3. Romedy Now +

Apart from premium channels other requested channels are,

1. Life OK HD (Only Hindi GEC missing on Airtel platform)
2. FOX traveller HD (I find this channel very interesting)
3. MTunes HD (Will be the first HD Indian music channel)
4. Trace Urban HD (We do listen to and enjoy international music and in HD will do wonders.)

I don't want Airtel to add every single channel available but they must provide those channels which every one pay for and enjoy watching.

Pls so share your feedback/Suggestions/Updates. I really appreciate that.

Thanks,
DA

Reactions: Omi
RE: Airtel HD channels addition + Space Crunch

Only thing I remember regarding HD addition is that CEO said he does not see much return in HD investment as number of subscriber is less. And it can not the accident that in last one yr (or little less than that when sony six hd and zee studio hd was last added) there has been no HD addition.

then why they're selling HD boxes plus upgrade offers.
they must provide downgrade offers instead instead of making a fool out of us.
If the CEO thinks such way, I really doubt there future. :(

Pls note that south customers (esp. Tamil and Telugu) expect Sun HD channels. If ADTV fulfills that wish, the south customer base will shoot-up.

Mate I am with you on this but my wishlist is small, just need HBO Defined & Hits in HD along with SWP..... if they add M tunes HD, that will complete my quota for Now !!!

I need Travel XP HD and MTunes HD, without MTunes HD, in fact a complete genre of music is left out.

destinyawaits said:
then why they're selling HD boxes plus upgrade offers.
they must provide downgrade offers instead instead of making a fool out of us.
If the CEO thinks such way, I really doubt there future. :(

No return on HD investment so no HD ch addition! No HD ch addition so no increase in ARPU (& subscriber nos?)

scara-de-blog-1.jpg

Any news on HD channels addition?

All DTH operators are adding channels due to Diwali starting 1 Nov.

Tatasky seems to be catching up in HD race.. No Sign of Airtel. :'(

Is Airtel going to make out Diwali Good or Still its a long wait or only regional channels addition?

the problem is that airtel do not focus on significance of HD . they think that no. of HD customer is less. they are focusing in other features .. if they become determined that they have to add HD ch then they will .

i think after diwali when most of dth will increase HD count then airtel may also increase for the sake of competition.

I do agree, if other DTH will up the ante with addition of HD Channels then airtel will sure add some channels !!! till then we need to be content with Regional channel addition.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock