Airtel HD-DVR replacement

Wilson

Reaction score
Hi friends

My Airtel HD-DVR has hardware problem. One tuner is not working.

I can use it but alternate channels are not working. Which means if I see one, when I switch to next channel it will not come.
But again if I switch to next it will come.
So if I need to switch to channel I want to see from the current one, Then I need to switch to some other channel and then switch to channel I want to see.

Airtel customer care says they no more provide repair/replacement or new HD-DVR boxes.
Airtel internet TV is not attractive option as I can only record and watch one at a time.
I already have built-in Netflix, Amazon Prime and hot-star in my TV without issues.

I feel watch one record one OR record 2 and watch recorded one was a great feature Airtel HD-DVR provided and I am using it since 2011.
I feel internet TV is a step back with respect to above. I am very disappointed with Airtel.

Questions
1. Does anyone have hardware issues in HD-DVR box recently and Airtel is fixing/replacing them. Any clue?
2. What are the other options other than internet TV ?
3. I am based in Bangalore, any local technicians will help repair the box?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

What are the other options other than internet TV ?
You can try Tata Sky+ HD which is the only HD DVR available on market now by any DTH. It has 500 GB HDD with triple tuners and requires only one wire input from dish to set top box.
I am based in Bangalore, any local technicians will help repair the box?
Check if any electronic repair shop can fix it but i doubt since two tubes inside box are attached so they may not have dual tuner hardware available with them. Even if it is fixed, might create issues in future and company has already abandoned the product so you can't do much.

My hd DVR has also have hard-disk issue..HDD error,they have replaced with another dvr which too stopped in 10 days,later they told that there is no hd dvr available,so i switched to tatasky plus

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock