Breaking Airtel Internet TV is planning cloud recording

hindifun

Contributor
Reaction score
I found top ups for storage in My Airtel app. Can someone explain what are these storage top ups for? Is Airtel planning cloud recording? As usual cc is unaware about these packs.
I tried to activate free pack of 5GB storage but it is giving error.

Last edited:
Airtel offers Cloud backup services for mobile users..
5GB is free.. this may be for that and not ADTV

Just spoke to Ms Himadri at Airtel SM team and she confirmed that it is an upcoming feature where customers with Airtel Internet TV Box would be able to record programme on cloud.

Last edited:
One advantage of Cloud Recording is that users can do without External HDD or Pen Drive and record live TV Channels directly to cloud storage but the main problem is that we would need a high speed and steady internet connection for seamless execution of this feature. Still the biggest gripe is a single tuner so we can't record multiple channels at once.

Since this cloud storage recording channel may not need much and high data. Because the recordings are not available in the local storage of STB and the recording will be directly executed from their source to the cloud storage accounts. May need high speed and much data to retrieve recordings. This is my thought. Sorry if I'm wrong. UC Cloud also working like what I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock