Seeking Help Airtel Internet TV vs D2h 4K what do you guys suggest

maheshav

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Currently i am d2h all SD & HD with 4k box , this week I have to recharge for next year which is costing me 7800/-,
when I see Airtel Internet TV STB which is costing me 7400/- with one year all SD & HD subscriptions and
it has 10 additional HD channel compare to D2h, so if I see only channels point of view , I will be getting some
befit and money as well , so I am planning to move to Airtel Internet TV what do you guys suggest,
what do you guys suggest ?

Can any one provide number of favorite list I can configure in Airtel Internet TV STB , in D2H i can save upto 80 changes ( 4 * 20 ).
One more point is that I have smart TV Airtel internet feature not much useful for me.

A V Mahesh

https://dreamdth.com/community/forums/airtel-internet-tv.16/

Hi, I am also intending to do the same. Can't say anything on airtel yet. Have been using videocon for 5 years and I'm fed up now as they are not adding new HD channels. Videocon has got few HD channels which has not added on Airtel, like travelxp hd, natgeo wild hd, dsports hd if I'm right. I hope they add travexp hd soon. It's a nice channel

Hi all ,

Currently i am d2h all SD & HD with 4k box , this week I have to recharge for next year which is costing me 7800/-,
when I see Airtel Internet TV STB which is costing me 7400/- with one year all SD & HD subscriptions and
it has 10 additional HD channel compare to D2h, so if I see only channels point of view , I will be getting some
befit and money as well , so I am planning to move to Airtel Internet TV what do you guys suggest,
what do you guys suggest ?

Can any one provide number of favorite list I can configure in Airtel Internet TV STB , in D2H i can save upto 80 changes ( 4 * 20 ).
One more point is that I have smart TV Airtel internet feature not much useful for me.

A V Mahesh
Let me address last point first
If you have smart TV, still Internet TV can be useful for you. I too have Smart TV but can use only limited apps. Screen mirroring and Mobile casting is not smooth in Smart TVs. Internet TV has inbuilt ChromeCast which is very useful. In fact I was looking for ChromeCast but shifted to Internet TV.

Let me tell you that if I am watching a video on YouTube app of my mobile and want to cast on TV, I just tap on cast icon. My Internet TV box (If it is on standby) and my Smart TV (If menu is synced) will automatically turn on without remote and video starts playing on TV.

Now about configuration of favorite channels. I checked after your question we can make a list of favorite channels with more than 20 (may be unlimited, I saved 25) channels.

But I never felt need to create a favorite list as on home page we always find a list of last watched channels. Also if I need any channel I can search with channel name in voice search which works much faster than going to favorite list.

Last edited:
Hi Hindifun.

Thank for your inputs, Yesterday I got the my internet TV STB following are my comments and I observations:

>>If you have smart TV, still Internet TV can be useful for you. I too have Smart TV but can use only limited apps.
>>Screen mirroring and Mobile casting is not smooth in Smart TVs. Internet TV has inbuilt ChromeCast which is very useful. In fact I was looking for ChromeCast but shifted to Internet TV.

Yes you are right , we can just swipe :) , I have Panasonic-55 high end smart tv it also supports ChromeCast like with help of Panasonic android application.

>>Now about configuration of favorite channels. I checked after your question we can make a list of favorite channels with more than 20 (may be unlimited, I saved 25) channels.

Yes but, switching user profile is is very complex, I used to have 1 to 80 in d2h , now I am feeling very uncomfortable to choose my favorite channels and moving next favorite channel ,
please help me how do switch to favorite channel and move to next favorite channel

For now following are my observations , I may provide more in further :

Pros:

1) All SD + HD Channels , ~15 HD channels more than d2h
2) The Airtel Internet TV STB HDMI port is working as ARC, when I switch off TV my STB is also going for power off
this is an excellent thing . basically I concreted TV as flows ( STB HDMI ---> 5.1 dolby HT HDMI-OUT-----> TV HDMI ),
so now if I power off STB all three are going for power off ( previously with d2h 4K only two STB is always ON).
3) PCM Audio quality is good (I use to have TV volume level 40 now it is 30 )
4) Android STB :)

Cons:

1) Lag in Channel Change & while changing the channel lags in number display .
2) HD channel video quality is ok but NOT better than D2h 4k box ( this is all my family members observations )
3) SD channel video quality is very poor than D2h 4k box, d2h was far better ( this is all my family members observations )
4) Dolby Audio quality is ok but NOT better than D2h 4k box ( I use to have HT volume level 40 now it is 50 )
5) Favorites selection interface and access is very bad and their is NO button to selected and no option move to next favorite channel.

In terms of HD channels too Videocon has very less. Following important HD channels are NOT available on Vd2h.
  • HBO HD :angry
  • Movies Now HD :angry
  • Sony Le Plex HD
  • Sony BBC Earth HD
  • MTV Beats HD
  • Sony Rox HD
  • VH1 HD
  • Star Gold Select HD
  • Cineplex HD
  • Sony ESPN HD :angry :skd
Airtel lacks only NGC Wild HD, TravelXP HD and MTV Beats HD. However it has poor relationship with Sun network. You (being a Telugu customer) will not get Gemini Movies HD, Gemini Music HD. Though of course Gemini Music HD is exclusive to Sun Direct. However you will get Maa Movies HD. :tup

Regarding d2h 4K, there is no use because for 3 years there has been no proper 4K content in India. Also Videocon is not known for good hardware quality. Airtel is very good on the hardware and software front. Other bros have explained Internet TV box for you.

Enjoy your box… :tup

Last edited:
5) Favorites selection interface and access is very bad and their is NO button to selected and no option move to next favorite channel.
When watching your favourite channel, select options button (next to Airtel button with three parallel lines) on remote and select heart icon, channel will be added to My Channels.
Also to select your favourite channel go to options =>genre=>my channels. You can move within your favourite channels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock