Sad News Airtel migrated all Existing ARP pack users to New TRAI Pack

Requesting the Airtel DTH pundits on this forum to help in making a pack for all those who were removed from their ARPs recently. For starters, we could go thru this thread I suppose: Good News - 230 FTA Channels Topup

As a thumb rule, which ones are better and economical? - Airtel Packs, Broadcaster Bouquet or Ala-Carte?

I pity the direction in which our country is heading to. It is only Jio and Jio now.

Apologies for being off-topic, but found this piece of news:
Vodafone Idea vs Reliance Jio — the great Indian telecom battle
Jio is certainly marching ahead and Vodafone, Airtel are posting losses.

It is just a matter of time when we start seeing the same piece of news
Just replace Vodafone by "Tata Sky"
Just replace Airtel by "Airtel Digital TV & Dish TV"

Independence Day this year will see a different kind of freedom. Mukesh Ambani will re-iterate his words on "Freedom" and "nation building" in the upcoming AGM.
Jio GigaFiber registration to begin on August 15: Mukesh Ambani

We are certainly headed to a "Customer is the king" regime. Who wouldn't want to switch over to Jio which, for Rs 500 would give you plenty of broadband (100GB) and all HD channels over internet. Fine details of bandwidth etc. will be revealed by Mr. Ambani, but most likely, your HD Channels usage wont eat up your 100GB quota (just like VoLTE did not use up your 4G allowance for the day).

Happy days are here. The Broadband and DTH industry is headed towards turmoil. While most of us will quickly pick up the "complimentary access for 6 months", it is for the other players to see how they survive.

I pity the direction in which our country is heading to. It is only Jio and Jio now.

Apologies for being off-topic, but found this piece of news:
Vodafone Idea vs Reliance Jio — the great Indian telecom battle
Jio is certainly marching ahead and Vodafone, Airtel are posting losses.

It is just a matter of time when we start seeing the same piece of news
Just replace Vodafone by "Tata Sky"
Just replace Airtel by "Airtel Digital TV & Dish TV"

Independence Day this year will see a different kind of freedom. Mukesh Ambani will re-iterate his words on "Freedom" and "nation building" in the upcoming AGM.
Jio GigaFiber registration to begin on August 15: Mukesh Ambani

We are certainly headed to a "Customer is the king" regime. Who wouldn't want to switch over to Jio which, for Rs 500 would give you plenty of broadband (100GB) and all HD channels over internet. Fine details of bandwidth etc. will be revealed by Mr. Ambani, but most likely, your HD Channels usage wont eat up your 100GB quota (just like VoLTE did not use up your 4G allowance for the day).

Happy days are here. The Broadband and DTH industry is headed towards turmoil. While most of us will quickly pick up the "complimentary access for 6 months", it is for the other players to see how they survive.
I am tired of hearing that JIO DTH will kill and so and so on bla bla.. but In my view, it will not even make 20% difference to the DTH industry as it is not a wireless DTH it's will be just a TV service based on fibre optic cable.
We all know how it is difficult to install and lay all these cables in the society especially I doubt their reach on the remote area where DTH can be installed very easily anywhere in India.

Last edited:
I am tired of hearing that JIO DTH will kill and so and so on bla bla.. but In my view, it will not even make 20% difference to the DTH industry as it is not a wireless DTH it's will be just a TV service based on fibre optic cable.
We all know how it is difficult to install and lay all these cables in the society especially I doubt their reach on the remote area where DTH can be installed very easily anywhere in India.
In August 2016, the same would have been true for a "4G-LTE-only" mobile service provider. While the reach of rural areas might be somewhat easier for wireless mobile operators, still it was a big challenge to get people with 2G handsets to migrate to a 4g-only network. But still it happened.

A 19.5% impact in the DTH industry is also good enough to shake up the industry. Even today, for mobile operators, it is not that Vodafone-Idea and Airtel are dead. They are very much there, and competitive too. But compare them to what they were in 2016 - that has certainly changed. That is what I meant to say by my post.

Also, if DTH players try to stay competitive by reducing prices (NCF or other) in urban areas, they would have to do the same for rural areas as well, right? So, effectively, even the rural areas will benefit. Even today, a large majority STILL use Vodafone/Airtel as their primary connection, but they are being benefited by the large reduction in monthly rentals / recharges, as compared to 2016. Hence, Jio will not "kill" the industry - but will overall change the economics of the operators- and the users.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock