DTH updates ALERT : Guys be aware from Tata Sky technician. He can cheat on you!!

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 10,121
I have contacted Tata sky for the upgrade for my Reliance Digital tv.. They said they can only give standard set top box, not HD... Am I eligible to get the HD SET TOP BOX?
If u have led/lcd tv or if your old box is hd

I have faced same issue. During the first marketing call they agreed on HD STB but technician said they advised SD STB. I've communicated with customer care and they said I need to pay HD STB price extra around 500 or something for HD

I have faced same issue. During the first marketing call they agreed on HD STB but technician said they advised SD STB. I've communicated with customer care and they said I need to pay HD STB price extra around 500 or something for HD

Maybe they have changed the policy.

Tata sky technician says that I had to pay Rs. 400 (Rs. 229 for the plan & Rs. 170 for him) for the upgrade.. He also says that No new Dish/LNB will be provided... Only New Standard set top box & Remote.. Talked to the Customer care guy & he said that I am eligible for New Dish & LNB too...

If u have led/lcd tv or if your old box is hd
My old Reliance Set top box is a standard one.. Customer care guys saying that only standard set top box will be provided as part of the offer & I can later upgrade by paying

Tata sky technician says that I had to pay Rs. 400 (Rs. 229 for the plan & Rs. 170 for him) for the upgrade.. He also says that No new Dish/LNB will be provided... Only New Standard set top box & Remote.. Talked to the Customer care guy & he said that I am eligible for New Dish & LNB too...
Contact nodal officer , he can help you ..

|Details of Nodal Officers

Last edited:
Nearest office is Kochi with Contact No - 0484-6000177.. No one is answering the call & it does disconnect automatically after few seconds
Keep trying. If not getting, contact cc & tell them you want to speak to any higher officials.

Tata sky technician came for the installation...I told him on call if no new Dish is part of offer, he shouldn't need to come for installation but he appeared nonetheless. He didn't installed a new Dish /new LNB & said that if the new dish has any problem, they would replace it with in 1 years. (1 Years Warranty he says) I repeatedly told him to install a new dish but he said it was not part of the offer... He also took the STB along with my old power adapter of my Reliance STB.. Also he also asked for the installation fees of Rs. 200 which I had to give,along with Rs. 200 for the Recharge..

This is all that happened

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock