Arasu Cable Updates

Please do not remove any more posts without advance notice.
Please go through the rules before posting. Already it is mentioned that Translation is mandatory.
https://dreamdth.com/community/threads/translation-make-your-issue-reach-to-all.100720/
https://dreamdth.com/community/help/terms/

To the moderator who is removing non-English posts without prior notice, can the same moderator remove all the other language posts across the forum the same way?
Yes, Team Members remove posts which do not have English translation. If you come across any such post, please report it to us!

We spend considerable time to collect the news and convert them into an image and post it here for the benefit of everyone to know the current status, simply removing the images without a single notice completely destroys the hard work that was put in to making those posts. People can spend little more time to translate if the news is made available.
Better to not post in any other Language other than English if you can't give translation.

Hope Everything it clear. For further queries, create a thread in 'Talk to Team' section, we will be more than Happy to help you. :)

Last edited:
I am with @HOUSE-MD bro.. @ABCDEFGH please consider not to delete any Tamil post without prior notice,Can you clarify who reported it to you,As this Thread is for discussion about Local Tamilnadu Cable operators alone and majority of the audience benefited will be only from Tamilnadu unlike DTH where discussions will be on PAN India basis.So applying that general rule here won't serve the purpose.And also non-tamil viewers to this thread please feel free to ask for translation rather than reporting,If it's self taken action of moderator this is pretty strict,kindly be somewhat empathetic towards hard work of others.

Last edited:
So even if someone gives the STB free of cost or for some very less cost, these LCO's in business for the prime motive of fleecing the customers. Govt offers the STB at Rs 200 but LCO's want to sell them at several places as high as Rs 1,200.

When govt can take over the liquor business and create its own shops, why cant they distribute the STB's via the Civil Supplies shop and deliver them to the public and if necessary create its own LCO's wherever necessary and create mass employment for unemployed youths who may have certificate from govt training centers? There should be thousands of youth in line to apply for these jobs.

This way Arasu can easily deliver broadband via cable and earn huge revenue benefiting both the public and the unemployed youth.
@HOUSE-MD bro first Govt should give ad in all leading newspaper about this mentioning the cost the lco should collect(200). If possible they can also be active in social networking sites. and can help consumers. Also they can make a short ad film and put on tv channels to create awareness to public. In villages people believe whatever the Lco says including the cost.They say 1000 rs and people will give.First govt should make awareness.This is my suggestion.

Posts without English translation will be removed without notice. That's the forum rule. It's the same rule for all the languages. Removal will be done either by report from any member or by moderator notice.

Rules are redefined recently and published to all members as well. As per the redefined rules, translation is mandatory for any posts which is not in English. When we delete first post with a note saying there is no translation, it should be taken as a notice while posting second post. If the pattern continues, then the team has no choice than deleting the posts as per the defined rules. There won't be any exception for any language other than English. It is clearly defined and applicable to all including Team members. I am a Tamilan but I can go biased in this case since I have to adhere to the forum rules. Moreover, I was also one of the person in defining those rules. So, please go through the rules book once again to know more rules..

To the moderator who is removing non-English posts without prior notice, can the same moderator remove all the other language posts across the forum the same way?
Not just for Tamil bro. If you are seeing any team member giving exceptions to any specific language, please report to the team.

Please do not remove any more posts without advance notice.
As mentioned in my previous reply, the first deletion should be taken as notice for any upcoming posts.

We spend considerable time to collect the news and convert them into an image and post it here for the benefit of everyone to know the current status, simply removing the images without a single notice completely destroys the hard work that was put in to making those posts. People can spend little more time to translate if the news is made available.

Thanks.

I know you from year 2012 and know about your contributions to the forum. I really appreciate your efforts bro. But at the same time, we have to adhere to the rules so we (the team) are doing our work as defined....

Not just for Tamil bro. If you are seeing any team member giving exceptions to any specific language, please report to the team..

Ok, its nice to see the entire group of mods explaining the rules repeatedly. And thanks for your post. :)

As mentioned in my previous reply, the first deletion should be taken as notice for any upcoming posts.

There was no first deletion, and that was the primary reason why i raised this issue.

A sudden removal of atleast 3 posts, and i was shocked as i usually don't post news articles on words instead as an image so users wont have font issues and as a policy i try to either post a similar English article as a reference for non-English users or i give a translation within the same post just below the image. So when 3 posts went missing i wondered two things,
  1. Why was no prior notice was given.
  2. And was the removed post actually did not accompany a translation.
Now with the posts missing its hard to confirm the same.

I know you from year 2012 and know about your contributions to the forum. I really appreciate your efforts bro. But at the same time, we have to adhere to the rules so we (the team) are doing our work as defined....

And by rules, for abuses or heated exchange of words immediate removal of posts can be accepted as a fair move. But for a translation missing image (im still not sure if the posts did miss the translation) this direct removal looks too harsh. That too not a single notice was posted.

And its actually nice to see 7 posts were totally removed and 3 of them were mine, so i may have to just ignore or Tamil is as usual special and I simply move on.

--

Ok, on this discussion: “Let bygones be bygones. Let past differences, as nothing be.”

Last edited:
I am with @HOUSE-MD bro.. @ABCDEFGH please consider not to delete any Tamil post without prior notice,Can you clarify who reported it to you,As this Thread is for discussion about Local Tamilnadu Cable operators alone and majority of the audience benefited will be only from Tamilnadu unlike DTH where discussions will be on PAN India basis.So applying that general rule here won't serve the purpose.And also non-tamil viewers to this thread please feel free to ask for translation rather than reporting,If it's self taken action of moderator this is pretty strict,kindly be somewhat empathetic towards hard work of others.

Hi, thanks so much for your support. Yes, it was a strict moderation and may be we simply have to assume our language to be as usual special. ;)(y)

@HOUSE-MD bro first Govt should give ad in all leading newspaper about this mentioning the cost the lco should collect(200). If possible they can also be active in social networking sites. and can help consumers. Also they can make a short ad film and put on tv channels to create awareness to public. In villages people believe whatever the Lco says including the cost.They say 1000 rs and people will give.First govt should make awareness.This is my suggestion.

I think the local collector is taking charge of informing the public via notice and press release at most places,

yet Arasu seems to have atleast 70 lac subscribers completely excluding Chennai as Arasu seems to be missing in the City and out of these 70 lac not all seem to have applied via LCO's for an STB (may be the remaining LCO's are either waiting or have planned to have take a different route) only 1 lac STB's have been received till date and out of these a thousand seems to have been distributed in Trichy alone.

Though they started STB supply in Sep, if as per the news only one lack STB are available then its quite unsure when the remaining 69 lac boxes be available, or if Arasu will leave this decision as usual to LCO's?

If Arasu really wants to reach the mass public then,

1. It has to pre-order all the 70 lac STB.
  2. Instead of collecting applications via LCO's, applications can be distributed via ration shops and get them signed so Arasu knows the number of actual public who are actually interested.
  3. Find if the local LCO is interested in supplying STB, else cancel his license and help subscribers get connected to via some other licensed LCO's or create new LCO's for serving the public.
  4. Supply STB via ration shops so the delay caused by LCO's are removed.
  5. Start supplying and testing DAS as a priority in Chennai as it is a "Phase I" City.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock