Arasu Cable Updates

Buddy I'm not here to support arasu package

I know that dtls abt star sports rebranded so just convey to u that's it :)

Yes, i know. :) And thanks for pointing. (y) I was just surprised to see Arasu suddenly going higher than private MSO's so quoted. :cool:

But the thing will these lco ask only 150 ?? or will they ask extra amount.

Unless MSO's permit online payment, LCO has all the freedom to collect what ever they want. I think LCO behaves like the LPG delivery agent who asks Rs 30 on top of every cylinder delivery so there is a good chance the LCO/Collection Man rounding off to the nearest higher value and trying to collect Rs 20 - 30 additional than the original price.

So good chance the following rates will be collected by the LCO,

Rs 125 : Rs 175 - 180 (Rs 23 tax & Rs 27-32 LCO roundoff).
Rs 175: Rs 230 (Rs 32 tax & Rs 23 LCO roundoff).
Rs 225 : Rs 280 - 300 (Rs 41 tax & Rs 15-35 LCO roundoff).
Rs 275 : Rs 350 (Rs 50 tax & Rs 25 LCO roundoff).

It would be better if Arasu brings tax inclusive packs so people know the exact amount the LCO overcharges them.

Last edited:
இலவச செட்டாப் பாக்ஸ் அனைவருக்கும் வழங்க வேண்டும்: உங்கள் குரலில் வாசகர் கோரிக்கை
Arasu stb going to be distributed only to people who have got the connection already. Some official claims in election manifesto that was promised. That itself will take four months and only after that for other people we will see. So at the end the prices of Arasu is also higher and it is only for some few people.

But the thing will these lco ask only 150 ?? or will they ask extra amount.

Unless MSO's permit online payment or keeps a tight leash over the LCO, LCO has all the freedom to collect what ever they want. I think LCO behaves like the LPG delivery agent who asks Rs 30 on top of every cylinder delivery so there is a good chance the LCO/Collection Man rounding off to the nearest higher value and trying to collect Rs 20 - 30 additional than the original price (some super greedy LCO's can collect even Rs 50 - 100 higher... afterall who can control them).

Rs 125 pack : Rs 175 - 200(Rs 23 tax plus LCO roundoff).
Rs 175 pack : Rs 230 - 250 (Rs 32 tax plus LCO roundoff).
Rs 225 pack : Rs 280 - 300 (Rs 41 tax plus LCO roundoff).
Rs 275 pack : Rs 350 - 375 (Rs 50 tax plus LCO roundoff).

It would be better if Arasu brings tax inclusive packs and publicly displays these packs on its Info Channel so people know the exact amount the LCO overcharges them.

இலவச செட்டாப் பாக்ஸ் அனைவருக்கும் வழங்க வேண்டும்: உங்கள் குரலில் வாசகர் கோரிக்கை
Arasu stb going to be distributed only to people who have got the connection already. Some official claims in election manifesto that was promised. That itself will take four months and only after that for other people we will see. So at the end the prices of Arasu is also higher and it is only for some few people.

Thanks for the link, yes i too heard that currently they only have 30,000 STB so 1000 STB per area and it might take atleast till Dec to cover their current base.

And a BIG THANKS FOR ARASU. We dont want their super costly packs and my LCO is luckily not listed with Arasu.

Unless MSO's permit online payment or keeps a tight leash over the LCO, LCO has all the freedom to collect what ever they want. I think LCO behaves like the LPG delivery agent who asks Rs 30 on top of every cylinder delivery so there is a good chance the LCO/Collection Man rounding off to the nearest higher value and trying to collect Rs 20 - 30 additional than the original price (some super greedy LCO's can collect even Rs 50 - 100 higher... afterall who can control them).

Rs 125 pack :Rs 175 - 200(Rs 23 tax plus LCO roundoff).
Rs 175 pack :Rs 230 - 250(Rs 32 tax plus LCO roundoff).
Rs 225 pack : Rs 280 - 300 (Rs 41 tax plus LCO roundoff).
Rs 275 pack : Rs 350- 375(Rs 50 tax plus LCO roundoff).

It would be better if Arasu brings tax inclusive packs and publicly displays these packs on its Info Channel so people know the exact amount the LCO overcharges them.
What will the lco do if i did a online payment , and show them the bill. They have to accept that right?

p3pjXYD.png

Source:
'செட் - டாப் பாக்ஸ்' வினியோகத்தால் அரசு கேபிள், 'டிவி' கட்டணம் உயர்வு

--

Eng: Due to DAS, subscription has become costlier and many channels available under analogue at Rs 70 are now coslier by more than Rs 200. Even after paying close to Rs 80 higher (under Rs 125 pack) than analogue, many kids, cartoon and 6 sports channels available under Analogue are now missing from DAS.

To watch even a part of these channels we have to spend more than Rs 200 which is a super hike of Rs 130 from analogue.

What will the lco do if i did a online payment , and show them the bill. They have to accept that right?

LCO's hate Online payment as they cant collect as they please so mostly they wont accept online payments.
Please check the following news related to this query:
LCOs in Tamil Nadu are protesting against TACTV eating into their income and trying to grab their customers by making them pay subscription fee online, bypassing the operators. Read more at: TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock