Arasu Cable Updates

Expected one.
Arasu will ask 3-6 months, but it will take 3- 6 yrs to complete digitisation in chennai alone.

Last time on 6 June when Arasu requested for 3 month extension (till 17 Oct 2017) TRAI denied the request and gave only 1 month extension and asked Arasu to go DAS before 17 Aug, so max TRAI might once again give 1 month extension and ask them to complete before October.

As per the tender the complete 70 lac set top box has to be supplied within 90 days (3 months) of issue of purchase order and the tender seems to have happened sometime around June 2017 and if everything was finalised by July 2017 so all the STB should have reached before Oct 2017 but it seems LCO's have requested only for 12 Lac STB till late Aug/early Sep so atleast these STB would help to first digitize Chennai but Arasu seems to first concentrate on places excluding Chennai. :unsure:

Looks like Chennai is cursed with Analogue, so unless TRAI or Court forces LCO's to go DAS there seems no way DAS will ever happen in Chennai. And when Arasu does not seem to care about Chennai, why should Chennai wait for DAS conversion? :confused:

Yes, as you say it might take another 3 - 6 yrs for Chennai to digitize unless forced. Till then there wont be any mechanism to check the number of connections and noone would care about tax too but LCO's will keep increasing the monthly subscription charges without any proper reasons and MSO's are free to remove any number of Channels and play with subscribers. :mad:

Last time on 6 June when Arasu requested for 3 month extension (till 17 Oct 2017) TRAI denied the request and gave only 1 month extension and asked Arasu to go DAS before 17 Aug, so max TRAI might once again give 1 month extension and ask them to complete before October.

As per the tender the complete 70 lac set top box has to be supplied within 90 days (3 months) of issue of purchase order and the tender seems to have happened sometime around June 2017 and if everything was finalised by July 2017 so all the STB should have reached before Oct 2017 but it seems LCO's have requested only for 12 Lac STB till late Aug/early Sep so atleast these STB would help to first digitize Chennai but Arasu seems to first concentrate on places excluding Chennai. :unsure:

Looks like Chennai is cursed with Analogue, so unless TRAI or Court forces LCO's to go DAS there seems no way DAS will ever happen in Chennai. And when Arasu does not seem to care about Chennai, why should Chennai wait for DAS conversion? :confused:

Yes, as you say it might take another 3 - 6 yrs for Chennai to digitize unless forced. Till then there wont be any mechanism to check the number of connections and noone would care about tax too but LCO's will keep increasing the monthly subscription charges without any proper reasons and MSO's are free to remove any number of Channels and play with subscribers. :mad:

Which LCO increased monthly subscription. From CAS implemented in chennai from sep 2004 the subscription is Rs. 100, and last month i gave monthly subscription Rs. 120. Hardly 20 rs. increase in 13 yrs of time.

Which LCO increased monthly subscription. From CAS implemented in chennai from sep 2004 the subscription is Rs. 100, and last month i gave monthly subscription Rs. 120. Hardly 20 rs. increase in 13 yrs of time.

Ok, i wasn't here for 13 years. Last time when CAS was introduced in left this place and returned back when SCV was offering free STB (info channel said pay 10 month subscription and get free STB). That time i never knew about STB as i hardly watched TV as i was working round the clock and when i wanted an STB the offer was gone, it was my first major mistake which i still feel for even this date.

BTW im paying Rs 130 per month for quite sometime.

Ok, i wasn't here for 13 years. Last time when CAS was introduced in left this place and returned back when SCV was offering free STB (info channel said pay 10 month subscription and get free STB). That time i never knew about STB as i hardly watched TV as i was working round the clock and when i wanted an STB the offer was gone, it was my first major mistake which i still feel for even this date.

BTW im paying Rs 130 per month for quite sometime.

No one gave free stb. Just ad shows free stb, but hidden cost there in that one at that time. (activation charge something between 500 to 1000).

Today my LCO came to collect monthly subscription.
updates about Arasu connection and Free STB
-> My LCO not going to join with Arasu at any cost.
-> VK STB cost is Rs. 500. My LCO telling, arasu stb also costs 200, it is not free, and the quality will be v. bad.
-> monthly subscription for VK is Rs. 180. i didn't ask him abt the channel list as am not going to buy STB.
-> Analog will cut off at any time soon, but don't know the dates.

Today my LCO came to collect monthly subscription.
updates about Arasu connection and Free STB
-> My LCO not going to join with Arasu at any cost.
-> VK STB cost is Rs. 500. My LCO telling, arasu stb also costs 200, it is not free, and the quality will be v. bad.
-> monthly subscription for VK is Rs. 180. i didn't ask him abt the channel list as am not going to buy STB.
-> Analog will cut off at any time soon, but don't know the dates.

Ok, so i think VK might continue in Chennai and Arasu might not be successful to lure Chennai LCO's.

SD or HD STB for Rs 500? If its SD alone then cost for HD?

I might give Rs 500 for 1 STB if my LCO guarantees not to change MSO within next 12 months and if he changes MSO then he has to guarantee free STB replacement. Otherwise no DAS for me, i will just use Internet for all TV related tasks. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, so i think VK might continue in Chennai and Arasu might not be successful to lure Chennai LCO's.

SD or HD STB for Rs 500? If its SD alone then cost for HD?

I might give Rs 500 for 1 STB if my LCO guarantees not to change MSO within next 12 months and if he changes MSO then he has to guarantee free STB replacement. Otherwise no DAS for me, i will just use Internet for all TV related tasks. ;)

SD for Rs. 500 and HD for Rs. 1200
My LCO might give guarantee not to change MSO , but i might change house frequently. I don't have any other option than going with cable analog or to go with DTH with higher charges

SD for Rs. 500 and HD for Rs. 1200
My LCO might give guarantee not to change MSO , but i might change house frequently. I don't have any other option than going with cable analog or to go with DTH with higher charges

Ok, i too might change residence but mostly within the same area. I might get the STB at Rs 500 even if i use it for 6 months as i have missed a lot of my fav channels without an STB.

Also Rs 500 for SD STB seems ok as my LCO always said SD STB cost around Rs 1,200 when we were under SCV and i wasn't ready to pay so much for a product with no service or replacement guarantee but Rs 500 seems somewhat reasonable to take risk for.

But i cant pay anything additonal for some connectivity charges. Already my security deposit was lost to my previous LCO several years back and noone knows if the current MSO will return it if i change Area.

If VK really wants to suceed then it has to offer packs either cheaper or atleast on par with Arasu and immediately provide some offers on STB and try to go DAS immediately as a Diwali offer.

I am in Chennai. My Lco changed from Arasu to SCV last month. He told Arasu cable quality is not good (I don't know whether it is true or not).

Got SCV connection. He gave SD set top box for 650rs and 500rs for new connection. Total - 1150rs. Monthly pay is 220rs. I asked for a lesser package. But he told after 3 months only SCV is planning to split packages... Not happy with overall price.

I asked HD set top box but looks like scv is not providing HD set top box or my Lco didn't.

As an offer, he took 200rs for 2 months pay.

Now coming to channels, it seems like it is SCV Diamond - 230rs mentioned in scv website. Except Polimer all other channels it contains.

That's it. Welcome your feedbacks :)

Got SCV connection. He gave SD set top box for 650rs and 500rs for new connection. Total - 1150rs. Monthly pay is 220rs. I asked for a lesser package. But he told after 3 months only SCV is planning to split packages... Not happy with overall price.

I asked HD set top box but looks like scv is not providing HD set top box or my Lco didn't.

As an offer, he took 200rs for 2 months pay.

Now coming to channels, it seems like it is SCV Diamond - 230rs mentioned in scv website. Except Polimer all other channels it contains.

That's it. Welcome your feedbacks :)[/QUOTE]

Which area r u from?
Looks apish to me. LCO who already connected arasu connection, now reconnected to SCV (which means, LCO doesn't like Arasu Free STB) and selling SCV STB for higher cost.
Arasu should act little fast now, and connect all LCOs in analog mode first and then start giving STBs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock