Arasu Cable Updates

I am in Chennai. My Lco changed from Arasu to SCV last month. He told Arasu cable quality is not good (I don't know whether it is true or not).

Got SCV connection. He gave SD set top box for 650rs and 500rs for new connection. Total - 1150rs. Monthly pay is 220rs. I asked for a lesser package. But he told after 3 months only SCV is planning to split packages... Not happy with overall price.

I asked HD set top box but looks like scv is not providing HD set top box or my Lco didn't.

As an offer, he took 200rs for 2 months pay.

Now coming to channels, it seems like it is SCV Diamond - 230rs mentioned in scv website. Except Polimer all other channels it contains.

That's it. Welcome your feedbacks :)

Still i would say Rs 220 for almost all channels except polimer is a good deal as we got struck with Rs 130 for just some 45 plus channels (local and religious additional) and now almost 4 times the channels.

But SCV has to think about bringin Polimer under DAS as removing a FTA channel fearing competition isnt a good idea.

SCV can place the channels the way they like but removing channels fearing competition will spoil their brand name, unlike DTH there is not much limitation with DAS so adding a few popular FTA channels should not be a bad idea. Also they can have a deal with VK Digital so their competiton comes to and end atleast with channel addition and people get what they deserve.

Which area r u from?
Looks apish to me. LCO who already connected arasu connection, now reconnected to SCV (which means, LCO doesn't like Arasu Free STB) and selling SCV STB for higher cost.

Its damn clear now that LCO's are slowly increasing the price for STB from Rs 300 to 650. Even if the MSO offers STB for free, LCO as usual finds a perfect way to loot customers and spoil the MSO's name.

Arasu based LCO's were allowed to collect Rs 200 for connectivity charge but LCO seem to collect as much as Rs 1,200 and when Arasu warns them, LCO's are now seem to move from Arasu to other Private MSO's just for some Rs 400 - 600 loot per customer.

At some places SCV STB are available free of cost with some Rs 300 as connectivity charges and the same STB is sold as high as Rs 650 by some LCO's. Why same product is being sold at different prices by different LCO's.

Same way Rs 200 based SD pack from VK is being sold at Rs 250 by some LCO's and other LCO's sell the same pack at Rs 300.

So no-matter how much offers the MSO extends to its subscribers, LCO's will always find a way to loot, loot and simply loot and match the same with the previous pricing. If MSO resists, LCO changes MSO as if subscribers are just a bunch of goats on a barn with no questions.

I wish if MSO names their packs under MRP so people can approach court if LCO sells these packs higher than the MRP. (for those who say, why dont i move to DTH -> i'm living in a democratic nation so i have the damn right to protest when something goes wrong.)

Arasu should act little fast now, and connect all LCOs in analog mode first and then start giving STBs.

May be Arasu as usual does not want Chennai, otherwise they would have made Chennai their first place to supply STB. When they had 30,000 plus STB why not start with Chennai and then move to other places? I wonder if any of the listed LCO's from Chennai ever received Arasu's STB.

Chennai would be the best place to test DAS as its here people demand for max channels. Even those who moved to DTH might return to Arasu DAS if they can offer good quality and service.

Also i think there is one other problem in going Analogue under Arasu, as Arasu seem to have fewer channels than other private MSO's in Chennai which might make even the remaining subscribers move to DTH if all the channels are not available. Unless Arasu is ready to offer 100 popular channels under Analogue (Tamil & Eng News, Music, GEC, Kids & Sports), it isnt wise to get into Chennai to see subscribers fleeing.

First Arasu asked for 3 months time which ends in mid Oct (TRAI gave just 1 month) and now again they want 3 more months, looks like they might need even more time to digitize Chennai if they really wanted to.

first arasu must launch hd setup boxes also to cover chennai with better hd package rates...

Which area r u from?
Looks apish to me. LCO who already connected arasu connection, now reconnected to SCV (which means, LCO doesn't like Arasu Free STB) and selling SCV STB for higher cost.
Arasu should act little fast now, and connect all LCOs in analog mode first and then start giving STBs.[/QUOTE]

I m from arumbakkam, chennai. Earlier my lco got 120rs for Arasu analogue. Now he associated with scv.

Arasu should act fast. Then only private will lower their prices. But here looks like Arasu supporting other parties.

Still i would say Rs 220 for almost all channels except polimer is a good deal as we got struck with Rs 130 for just some 45 plus channels (local and religious additional) and now almost 4 times the channels.

But SCV has to think about bringin Polimer under DAS as removing a FTA channel fearing competition isnt a good idea.

SCV can place the channels the way they like but removing channels fearing competition will spoil their brand name, unlike DTH there is not much limitation with DAS so adding a few popular FTA channels should not be a bad idea. Also they can have a deal with VK Digital so their competiton comes to and end atleast with channel addition and people get what they deserve.
For polimer channel is categorised as pay channel. Some, 10rs extra.

For polimer channel is categorised as pay channel. Some, 10rs extra.

Ok, i think its affordable. May be LCO's can simply add them and roundoff the subscription charge (anyhow they are going to collect additional so Rs 10 or 20 additional wont hurt to most subscribers). :)

Mod Note: Post Removed. English Translation is mandatory for Non-English Posts

To the moderator who is removing non-English posts without prior notice, can the same moderator remove all the other language posts across the forum the same way? Please do not remove any more posts without advance notice.

We spend considerable time to collect the news and convert them into an image and post it here for the benefit of everyone to know the current status, simply removing the images without a single notice completely destroys the hard work that was put in to making those posts. People can spend little more time to translate if the news is made available.

Thanks.

So even if someone gives the STB free of cost or for some very less cost, these LCO's in business for the prime motive of fleecing the customers. Govt offers the STB at Rs 200 but LCO's want to sell them at several places as high as Rs 1,200.

When govt can take over the liquor business and create its own shops, why cant they distribute the STB's via the Civil Supplies shop and deliver them to the public and if necessary create its own LCO's wherever necessary and create mass employment for unemployed youths who may have certificate from govt training centers? There should be thousands of youth in line to apply for these jobs.

This way Arasu can easily deliver broadband via cable and earn huge revenue benefiting both the public and the unemployed youth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock