Discussion Are you able to choose and drop channels as you wish ?

happy_penguin

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using GTPL KCBPL digital cable.

Problem is if want to drop any existing channel that I have chosen after the TRAI tariff implementation and take new channels I have to talk to my LCO and the process is very long and frustrating.

Are you able to choose and drop channels as you wish ?

Hi,

Problem is if want to drop any existing channel that I have chosen after the TRAI tariff implementation and take new channels I have to talk to my LCO and the process is very long and frustrating.

No. Using Siti digital it is frustrating to talk to them. If we want to update any channel on our add to tv we must go on 1st of every month. And will take couple hours to update

Exactly the same problem i faced on DEN cable. These LCOs get multiple requests after this regulation thanks to not having a portal like dth to add/drop anytime you want to. Even after multiple calls my lco would mess up somehow by adding the wrong channel or selecting wrong package.

Their package form didn't even contain many broadcaster packs. No monthly bills too so how are we supposed to know if we're being charged for channels that we haven't subscribed for? TRAI must make it mandatory for MSO's to have portals for channel selection. Until then LCO's will continue looting us.

Thanks for the replies.

Currently I live in a rented house so there is no place to install the DTH dish antenna.
As soon as I shift to my own house I will take Airtel DTH.

Exactly the same problem i faced on DEN cable. These LCOs get multiple requests after this regulation thanks to not having a portal like dth to add/drop anytime you want to. Even after multiple calls my lco would mess up somehow by adding the wrong channel or selecting wrong package.

Their package form didn't even contain many broadcaster packs. No monthly bills too so how are we supposed to know if we're being charged for channels that we haven't subscribed for? TRAI must make it mandatory for MSO's to have portals for channel selection. Until then LCO's will continue looting us.
Not LCOs. MSO's are problem.

Hi,

No GTPL is not having online facility or through SMS or by giving mill call on GTPL nos. As this facilities are available in Tatasky Airtel and other D2h..Also we cannot add or delete channels for one day..One has to take channels on Alacarte basis for one month..In tata sky channels can be added or removed on Alacarte basis for one day also..Also no online facilities as above are available for addition of channels on GTPL and one has to go to LCO office for addition of channels which is time consuming..GTPL should start online channels selection and addition and online payment facilities immediately..

Can you please explain in more detail ?
The end user always have to deal with LCOs not MSOs.
Or am I wrong ?
What's there to explain when corporate offices at Noida and Ahmadabad are barring customers from accessing online platform? I suggest you to surrender your connection and use internet to access content.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock