AS5, AS7, SES7 setup on 90cm dish

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
Today I worked a lot to rearrange the dish setups. All are to get the weak TP of SES 7. So, I did the below try of setting up Asiasat 5 (100.5) on 90cm Sun Direct dish and decided to place AS5, SES7, NSS6, SES8, GSAT 8 (hard I believe with NSS6), Measat 3B and ST2 as side LNBs.

I succeeded on setting up AS5 a prime on 90cm dish.

NSS6, GSAT 8:
It was very tough since I need to place the LNBs lower. Signals was not good. Didn't get signals on most TPs. Need to try later when I have time. Will try.

Same was the case with GSAT8. But I am not able to get both NSS6 and GSAT8 together due the focal length which is lengthier than the small dish. But got GSAT8 when I tried that separately but no proper signals on most TPs.

Measat 3B, ST2:
Hard luck. Never got signals from both satellite.

Asiasat 7, SES7:
Then I tried setting up AS7 and SES7 using mono-block LNB as side LNB to AS5. Though mon-block LNB degree difference is 4.3 degrees, it is working well for 2.7 degree on 90cm dish since the focal length is lengthier. So succeeded. Pic below along with signal strengths of each satellite.

WiJGvyJ.jpg

F7YXkKA.jpg

qb8KtDt.jpg

AVJvfOT.jpg

Asiasat 5 Signal Strength:
BfPfRFP.jpg

Asiasat 7 Signal Strength:
0mrRUX2.jpg

SES 7 Signal Strength:
Xe0OeXT.jpg

9v4HnCq.jpg

But since I was in need of mono-block LNB for my another setup (Dish + D2H), I finally setup only SES 7 and left AS7 as there were no useful channels right now on AS7.

Getting 80% signal on 11483 H and 67% on 11483 V using Inverto LNB.

Asiasat 5 and SES 7 alone:
DJyeAbB.jpg

nice work bro... :clap

I cud not read much, as a lot is written here :shy

btw, why have u chosen jynbox over openbox ? any special feautres ?
which box is better ifor catching low/fringe signals.... ?

I m still struggling wid 9e european tps, horizons2, 16e :wall

shawl_who said:
nice work bro... :clap

I cud not read much, as a lot is written here :shy

btw, why have u chosen jynbox over openbox ? any special feautres ?
which box is better ifor catching low/fringe signals.... ?

I m still struggling wid 9e european tps, horizons2, 16e :wall

I got Jynxbox for some other purpose bro.. That time I was not interested in tracking satellites. Later I started using the same box for tracking as well.. Not sure about other boxes bro..

M.J.Sadiq said:
I got Jynxbox for some other purpose bro.. That time I was not interested in tracking satellites. Later I started using the same box for tracking as well.. Not sure about other boxes bro..

what was that purpose :huh, if I may ask :shy

Today I worked a lot to rearrange the dish setups. All are to get the weak TP of SES 7. So, I did the below try of setting up Asiasat 5 (100.5) on 90cm Sun Direct dish and decided to place AS5, SES7, NSS6, SES8, GSAT 8 (hard I believe with NSS6), Measat 3B and ST2 as side LNBs.

I succeeded on setting up AS5 a prime on 90cm dish.

NSS6, GSAT 8:
It was very tough since I need to place the LNBs lower. Signals was not good. Didn't get signals on most TPs. Need to try later when I have time. Will try.

Same was the case with GSAT8. But I am not able to get both NSS6 and GSAT8 together due the focal length which is lengthier than the small dish. But got GSAT8 when I tried that separately but no proper signals on most TPs.

Measat 3B, ST2:
Hard luck. Never got signals from both satellite.

Asiasat 7, SES7:
Then I tried setting up AS7 and SES7 using mono-block LNB as side LNB to AS5. Though mon-block LNB degree difference is 4.3 degrees, it is working well for 2.7 degree on 90cm dish since the focal length is lengthier. So succeeded. Pic below along with signal strengths of each satellite.

WiJGvyJ.jpg

F7YXkKA.jpg

qb8KtDt.jpg

AVJvfOT.jpg

Asiasat 5 Signal Strength:
BfPfRFP.jpg

Asiasat 7 Signal Strength:
0mrRUX2.jpg

SES 7 Signal Strength:
Xe0OeXT.jpg

9v4HnCq.jpg

But since I was in need of mono-block LNB for my another setup (Dish + D2H), I finally setup only SES 7 and left AS7 as there were no useful channels right now on AS7.

Getting 80% signal on 11483 H and 67% on 11483 V using Inverto LNB.

Asiasat 5 and SES 7 alone:
DJyeAbB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock