Discussion Bad Remote Quality of HD STBs

It is not battery problem the remote is culprit, same issue reported many times with the remote . Replace it immediately

Are you using china cell or branded cell ?
I am using Eveready cell and there is no such issue from last 6 months only one time I have changed the cell ;)
Dude it's issue with the remote. One key press is resulting in multiple inputs. If i press mute once. It would mute and unmute at the same time. Which remote needs 2 cells per day?

Dude it's issue with the remote. One key press is resulting in multiple inputs. If i press mute once. It would mute and unmute at the same time. Which remote needs 2 cells per day?
Ask cc to change the remote if it is in warranty period

For my remote, sometimes it does not responds to clicks, even no red light appears on remote, I am using eveready cells, after changing the cells the problem is there, there is some problem in remote. It is not happening all the time so I can still use the same remote.

I think this is not an issue with the remote. There seems to be a problem with the Calcomp STBs. I'm also facing this issue sometimes. The same remote was working perfectly fine with flextronics box. This might be corrected with a software update.

I think this is not an issue with the remote. There seems to be a problem with the Calcomp STBs. I'm also facing this issue sometimes. The same remote was working perfectly fine with flextronics box. This might be corrected with a software update.
But for my remote, red light in remote also does not shows when it is not responding so definitely remote has some problem.

Even my problem is same, issue is not with any particular button. The entire system shuts down for around 5-10 second and then it will start functioning again. I have tried multiple new batteries including energizer rechargeable. It's irritating when channel surfing. I suspect design/manufacturing error in batch or product. Airtel should bring back warranty for replaced remote even if it means increases price. I think those who got the faulty remote with new DTH connection may be eligible for warranty.

Edit: Issue exist with Hero box also. Old Airtel remote did not have this problem. For me red light does not function when its malfunctioning.

Last edited:
Also, I do again notice the same problem which you are facing, there is lag while changing the channels and other activities that we perform on stb, along with remote problem this is also annoying, sometime button clicks will not work even when red light appears on remote due to stb slowness and we click keys multiple times due to this. This is in addition to keys not responding and red light not appearing on remote.

Last edited:
Yes that's why some month ago I said this to you that present remote is not fully compatible with not only calcomp smart cardless box also with technicolor box. Same problem I faced since 7/8 months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock