• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 3,038

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Avika Gor back on television in a new avatar Jagiya's extra-marital affair in Balika Vadhu Vibha takes time off from Balika Vadhu Pratyusha aka Anandi is a trained singer Jayam Ravi pins high hopes on Engeyum Kadhal Previous story Warner Bros. announces new Superman title, villain Next story [ Post Comments ] User Comments Be the first to comment this article. You must be logged in to comment. Television script writer Gajra Kottary who has penned popular serials like “ Astitva ” , “ Balika Vadhu ” and “ Jyoti” , has launched her English novel titled "Broken Melodies". The novel tells us the story of an adolescent girl and her struggles
of living in a dysfunctional
family. The writer told to IANS, "I had already done short stories and I had done stories and screenplays for my serials, so novel writing was something that I wanted to do
to challenge myself as a writer. I was very sure that I wouldn't embark on writing one until I was really passionate about a particular story. For this novel, the entire story crystallised for me around three years ago and that's when I decided to do something and get into the pattern and the discipline of writing a novel." Broken Melodies took around two and a half years to complete. The book was launched by actor Anupam Kher at the Landmark bookstore. "The story is about this young girl who is growing up in the Delhi of the 1970s and 80s. She has a dysfunctional family, a family where everything is well provided for but there is so much discord between the parents that it affects both the children - she and her elder sister. What the family goes through and what impact it has on this growing
child, the story is about that," she explained.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock