BARC TRP WEEK 1

Colors Super is a successful 2nd Gec. They are in tight competition with Star suvarna and many times it entered top 5.In Marathi only 3 major competitors(neglecting Sony Marathi because poor performance). So even with very less rating Zee yuva could stay in top 5.But in Kannada 4 major gecs and a movie channel present with tight competition. I think Colors super has good performance than Zee yuva. But in the game of numbers Colors super can't stay in top 5)
Out of new GECs from new networks in a particular language (or) secondary GECs in an existing language, Colors Super is the only success. I will not consider ETV Plus as it is strictly a comedy channel (though it is also a success despite not making it to the Telugu top 5 due to stiff competition). The following are all failures.
Secondary GECs: Vijay Super, Sun Life, Star Maa Gold, Asianet Plus, Zee Yuva.
New channels: Colors Tamil, Sony Marathi, Zee Keralam.
Only network to have 2 GEC in region space featuring in top 5 in respective regions is Zee with Zee Marathi and Zee Yuva taking 1st and 5th positions
I don't know why Zee Yuva continues to be in the top 5 and ahead of Sony Marathi. It is by no means successful. Zee has not achieved anything big with Zee Yuva! Sony Marathi offers a wide variety of shows and with a far better presentation than Zee Yuva.

Last edited:
I hope Colors Kannada will be back to no.1 position next week due telecast of Agnisaakshi mega episodes on weekend. And also will continue its no. 1 position later with new weekend reality show "Tha Ka Dhi Mi Tha" and also new serials "Nammane Yuvarani" and "Mithuna Raashi"

One of the site posted about Zee Kannada's leadership on yesterday (09th Jan 2019). Now if I open the link it is saying 404 page not found. Now they posted the article today.
Note: I didn't read the article yesterday. Posted based on dispayed date.

qKX9rt2.png

Zee Kannada is bringing only remake shows. Not trying new ones. Also people say zee is good for weekend I don't know how they have only few shows. No new cconcepts the same singing, dancing, drama,comedy and weekend with Ramesh. Where as colors and especially udaya tries hard bringing new concepts. Star has lost in Kannada. Everything will change from Feb 14

Out of new GECs from new networks in a particular language (or) secondary GECs in an existing language, Colors Super is the only success. I will not consider ETV Plus as it is strictly a comedy channel (though it is also a success despite not making it to the Telugu top 5 due to stiff competition). The following are all failures.
Secondary GECs: Vijay Super, Sun Life, Star Maa Gold, Asianet Plus, Zee Yuva.
New channels: Colors Tamil, Sony Marathi, Zee Keralam.
Asianet Plus was a successful channel at its early days for about 5-7 years. It was not a 2nd gec. It was a youth oriented channel with movies, music and some unique programs.It became no.2 Malayalam channel in the older tam system beating Surya.That time was gone. Now it stays as a question mark:cf:

Last edited:
Your personal vendetta doesn't mean anything. Viewers have decided to give the throne of no 1 to See kannada. Accept it and move on. 😁

I am seeing it as his personal opinion which everyone have rights to say.

I don't think someone's personal opinion is not going to mean anything. Many such individual's opinions only have come up with rating here IMO.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock