BARC TRP | WEEK 23

Among the existing Hindi music channels 9XM and Zoom are the best-positioned to launch HD versions. I would have said Sony Mix but SPN burnt its fingers with a Hindi HD music channel once.

Absolutely agreed. But looks like in the current unfavorable situation created by TRAI, I doubt if these networks would launch HD version of 9XM or zoOm. But I will be very happy if they did.

No Its still a Big Achievement ..Bcz All d Big Media houses lyk Star N Zee Think dat Der Is No Market or Audience Fr Gujarati channels.N de just Dont Care Fr Gujarati Channels .. So calld Big Media Houses in India Only interested in launching Tamil Telugu bengali Punjabi Malyalam Channels every month.. ..But here Viacom 18 Have proved Them Wrong N Has given Strong Message to Dos Ppl Who Think dt Gujarati Channel have No audience...Yes Gujarat is still Small market but It doesn't mean dt Gujarati Language have No Viewers..If u do Some proper Planning N Marketing Den Gujarat has Also gr8 potential fr Gujarati Tv & Entertainment Market ....
That's the problem. Star is not bothered about the Gujarati entertainment market, but it is trying to launch a Gujarati sports channel! :ouch: :skd:

It is requested to all members (thread starter), please provide whole BARC data on the first post related to BARC weekly data thread. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Star Gold becomes no. 1 in week 23 due to ‘Luka Chuppi’ premiere
XVVRZBT.jpg
UhDDe0A.jpg
CTdL7gE.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely agreed. But looks like in the current unfavorable situation created by TRAI, I doubt if these networks would launch HD version of 9XM or zoOm. But I will be very happy if they did.

Things r not unfavorable but operators or broadcasters r not educating viewers properly. People r not selecting channels in correct way thus many channels getting left out. I have myself seen relatives taking channels on a-la-carte nd complaining about increase in prices after tariff order rollout, they r not even aware about complimentary packs , composition of broadcaster or operator bouquet and their prices or even different ways to activate channels. Some even note down all channel names on paper and call customer care to activate channels telling each name. :)

That's the problem. Star is not bothered about the Gujarati entertainment market, but it is trying to launch a Gujarati sports channel! :ouch: :skd:

Well broadcasters take decision on various factors - market situation for a channel launch , ability to have strong reach or have robust content library, returns expected post investment etc. Star India will obviously look at sports channel as its their forte and major success factor while Viacom18 having key focus on building entertainment bouquet and already having presence there , will try to scale up with new avenues

There could be couple of reasons.
First, the failure of ZEE and STAR in Gujarati GEC market previously.
Second, knowledge of Hindi making less market demand for more Gujarati channels.

There could be couple of reasons.
First, the failure of ZEE and STAR in Gujarati GEC market previously.
Second, knowledge of Hindi making less market demand for more Gujarati channels.

Agreed But Now time has changed.. Once der was time when GUJARATI ppl used to avoid watching Gujarati Movies bcz Der was No gud Quality No story No Content in Gujarati films dt time ...ppl used to.just hated Gujarati films.. evn der Was No Space or show Fr Gujarati movie in Multiplex some yers ago..BUT now Everything has changed With New talented young Actors New young Film makers n with New Strong N fresh Concept with Hatke n sensible Storyline Now All audience are coming back to Gujarati Cinema...N Ppl has started Loving Gujarati movies now... multiplex Now Gives Important n Gr8 number of show to Gujarati Movies.. So many movies Now gets house full Every month N Giving Though Compitition To Bollywood....so Its All up to Quality, NEW IDEAS, New content.. n How You present n..How u marketing ur Products..
N dis is what Now Star n zee ppl need to understand. ..If de have proper planning n research n N come with best quality N Fresh contents N fresh approach den demands of Gujarati Channels or demands fr gujarati market will automatically Rise..
N PPL WILL warmly welcome n accept it....Star n zee ppl need to change der Old n outdated attitude n Mind set towards Gujarati language now..

Rajpatil98
Please add all rating data in the first post.

Also, all members are requested that if you're posting the BARC thread you should provide all data in the first post itself.
BARC post data on 1 PM itself, But that doesn't mean just to become thread starter you post some data in the first post. it is absolutely not required. If you are ready to update the first post with all data then only start BARC thread.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock