BARC TRP Week 5

Guess what same is told by my family too. 😉 But, their are some people who like to watch some Saas Bahu saga which Star Plus have lack of will not subscribe to Star Plus.
My mom love to watch some sensible shows and I always shocked to see that she's not that much educated and she know the quality of shows.
She watches KZK, Kullfi, Porus's Spin-off Chandragupta, Radhakrishna, Ladies Special, Patiyala Babes, Yeh Un..DKBH etc.
What the hell educated people are watching?
Except Ekta's dum tana na, i am fan of all sony Programs (Simple n Decent) with no special effects (wich come in plenty on Ekta Shows).
I used to watch Kulffi but even sometimes it turns out to be melodramatic so its ok but KZK is not at all that good. Its storyline is same as Ekta's other shows.
Choose your packs wisely depending on the network. I am talking only about Hindi GECs here.
  • Sony: Best for people who want good quality Hindi serials for cultured minds. Sony (and to a large extent also Sony Sab) has a very high standard of shows (barring TKSS), which unfortunately also means low TRPs in general. Look at the shows mentioned in @hike's post. To this I will also ad a few of Sony Sab's shows, such as Tenali Rama, Jijaji and the upcoming Bhakarwadi. Also, Sab has launched 2 shows with only 26 episodes each, so I have to say that Sony (SPN)'s focus is on quality rather than quantity.
  • Star: The most expensive, but note that NGC is included in these packs, so that's a big plus. Star Plus has something for every taste, from the worst of the worst (like the upcoming Divya Drishti, as well as KZK) through melodramatic but perfectly fine shows (KKB) to better shows (such as The Voice). Similar arguments hold for Star Bharat, though it doesn't have any terrible shows as such (nor does it have any reality shows/weekend programming).
  • Zee: An overall okay network, a bit cheaper than Star. Zee TV, like Star Plus, has something for every taste. While the serials are pretty melodramatic, SRGMPLC and other such shows make Zee worth subscribing. There's also Zee Cinema, the predominant Hindi movie channel in acquisition of new titles, and the best at properly balancing Hindi and South movies in its schedule.
  • Viacom18: Subscribe to Colors at your own risk. I consider this channel to be fit only for uncultured minds. I don't know of any shows which can be appreciated at a higher level, except Rising Star.

Last edited:
Choose your packs wisely depending on the network. I am talking only about Hindi GECs here.
  • Sony: Best for people who want good quality Hindi serials for cultured minds. Sony (and to a large extent also Sony Sab) has a very high standard of shows (barring TKSS), which unfortunately also means low TRPs in general. Look at the shows mentioned in @hike's post. To this I will also ad a few of Sony Sab's shows, such as Tenali Rama, Jijaji and the upcoming Bhakarwadi. Also, Sab has launched 2 shows with only 26 episodes each, so I have to say that Sony (SPN)'s focus is on quality rather than quantity.
  • Star: The most expensive, but note that NGC is included in these packs, so that's a big plus. Star Plus has something for every taste, from the worst of the worst (like the upcoming Divya Drishti, as well as KZK) through melodramatic but perfectly fine shows (KKB) to better shows (such as The Voice). Similar arguments hold for Star Bharat, though it doesn't have any terrible shows as such (nor does it have any reality shows/weekend programming).
  • Zee: An overall okay network, a bit cheaper than Star. Zee TV, like Star Plus, has something for every taste. While the serials are pretty melodramatic, SRGMPLC and other such shows make Zee worth subscribing. There's also Zee Cinema, the predominant Hindi movie channel in acquisition of new titles, and the best at properly balancing Hindi and South movies in its schedule.
  • Viacom18: Subscribe to Colors at your own risk. I consider this channel to be fit only for uncultured minds. I don't know of any shows which can be appreciated at a higher level, except Rising Star.
The best non fictions are from Sony like KBC, Super Dancer etc.Coming about serials majority(women preferably) wants elongated and exaggerated story line.Sony don't go for it blindly. So that Sony is backward in fictions.Star and Zee contains fictions and non fictions at a moderate proportion.Mostly no Star plus programs will not reach no.1 even they are no.1 channel.While others rating contributions are concentrated in one or two shows(Sony -nonfiction, Colors-nagin,Zee-Kumkumbhagya, kundalibagya) but Star plus doesn't have such a show. They build fair ratings from all their shows and it reflects in total trp. Now a days Colors only had exaggerated serials and lacks standard shows.

Last edited:
TRAI New rule Advantage for Star
Compare to other TV networks pack Star value pack best
Star value pack have Entertainment , Movie , Sports and Infotainment Channels
80 % people Definitely Subscribe Star value pack

My pack details....
1. Star Jalsha & Jalsha Movies (₹19+₹6).
2. Sony's Happy India Bangla pack (₹31) & Sony BBC Earth (₹5).
3. Not subscribe any sports channels as all live India's sports events we can watch Free on DD Sports.
4. I don't want to take any risk, that's why not gonna subscribe Colors pack.
5. Not choosen Zee's pack also.
6. Disney (₹10) & Discovery (₹8) packs have choosed.

My pack details....
1. Star Jalsha & Jalsha Movies (₹19+₹6).
2. Sony's Happy India Bangla pack (₹31) & Sony BBC Earth (₹5).
3. Not subscribe any sports channels as all live India's sports events we can watch Free on DD Sports.
4. I don't want to take any risk, that's why not gonna subscribe Colors pack.
5. Not choosen Zee's pack also.
6. Disney (₹10) & Discovery (₹8) packs have choosed.
Didn't you know till this time that DD sports get blocked during live matches?

Can someone help siti digital is forcing us to subscribe to their pack where for 248INR they give colors kannada only from Viacom 18 and instead fit unwanted zee channels such as zee etc, zee Bollywood, Malayalam
WHAT TO DO I CANT GET COLORS super nor colors kannada cinema for budget pack I have to sub to 345INR pack to access it

I think among the #1 channels in each languages, Star Maa is perfectly fit for that position in all aspects comparatively.
Sun TV and Asianet-Strong in Serials and movies but weak in non fiction
Colors Kannada and Zee bangla-Strong in fiction, non fiction weak in movies
But Star maa is strong in fiction at the same time introducing non fictions as well as had a good collection of blockbusters.

dd1d.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock