DDF Exclusive Beware Airtel Is Changing Base Packs Without Your Knowledge

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 8,072
@Gobinaath bro, see the screenshot as promised. These were the recharges made after selecting the plan (From 30/Mar/19).

Recharge-Screenshot.png
Bro if u had recharged 510 with app u would have got bonus 40.

Bro if u had recharged 510 with app u would have got bonus 40.
I don't do the recharges bro, I only manage the account in terms of plan selection and changes like that. The screenshot was posted for a different purpose.

Even i was victim of this but i screwed them instantly.
After i did my recharge, i checked My Account on Airtel App and to my shock my plan was automatically changed. I was on MYOP worth Rs. 350/month and after recharge they changed my pack to Value Sport HD+ worth Rs. 495/month.
I instantly called Airtel CC and asked about the action, to which the executive tried to fool me by saying that i was earlier on older pack and now i have been migrated to Plan as per New Trai rule. I got totally pissed off and blasted at him. It took me good 12-15 mins to make him understand and then i was reverted back to MYOP.
IMO, they are doing this purposefully as they know not every subscriber is going to check and call them. The one who calls and screws them, they revert it, else the keep looting the subscribers.

I wrote to TRAI on this. Here is the email draft, if you want to reuse.

Hello,

I'm a subscriber of Airtel Digital TV and my Customer ID is xxxxxxxxxx

I chose my pack according to the new TRAI rules, using their Website in mid of March. However, to my surprise, when I checked my account couple of days ago the pack I have chosen was no longer available in my account. Instead, some Airtel curated pack called "Kerala Value Plus SD" was active. All I have done after choosing my pack in mid of March was to recharge my account twice with 500 INR. Other than that, I have neither touched my account nor received any communication from Airtel in this regard. I think this is totally in violation of new TRAI rules and taking away the Customer freedom in choosing their own packs. I have logged into the Website again and have chosen my pack again.

And I'm not the only Customer facing this issue and there are so many other customers with the same issue. Their plans also had automatically been changed by Airtel DTH without any intimation possibly based on a recharge amount. Most of the time, the new plans that Airtel had put them onto, are of higher value (At least more than 100 INR per month) than their chosen plan thus impacting them financially. Please see the below two threads where this issue is extensively being discussed.

DDF Exclusive - Beware Airtel Is Changing Base Packs Without Your Knowledge

Seeking Help - Airtel Changed Plan Based On Recharge In The Name Of UPP

Please help addressing this issue with Airtel DTH and help Customers who may end up losing a lot of money due to this. Thanks in advance.

Thankfully the new plan I selected under TRAI rules hasn't been changed (yet)......I always recharge with INR 560 (40 rs bonus cashback). Maybe their dumb system didn't migrate my plan because I'm recharging with the amount that fall under the "cashback" category (510 rs or 560 rs)

Last edited:
I am usung Mega HD with Star, Zee, Discovery and TV18 bouquet. However, when I try to subscribe all these channels then some of my FTA channels automatically removed from the list randomly and start showing error - 4 :-(

I am usung Mega HD with Star, Zee, Discovery and TV18 bouquet. However, when I try to subscribe all these channels then some of my FTA channels automatically removed from the list randomly and start showing error - 4 :-(
Bro I think need to remove VAS00004

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock