DDF Exclusive Tata Sky could launch Binge+ Android Set Top Box - Benchmark popped up

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 15,118
Bro it's been nearly a year since that leak but no launch from Tata sky. Is it possible that they were just testing the feasibility with Android STB but later decided to partner with Amazon for the binge fire stick? Like how Jio was testing feasibility with IPTV model for live TV but later decided to partner with LCO and offer hybrid STB?
No bro, Tata Sky is expected to launch Android STB by next month.

Will it have recording facility like the HD+ transfer box with in built storage

I don't see them launching any android based boxes soon. Hopefully, some good news comes around diwali. Also hoping for an affordable PVR box.
They make new model Android STB every year now. May be unsure how it will work out and will it serve as long as current DVR did.

I will be happy if 4 tuners DVR (1TB HDD or 500GB SSD) with Android power set top box comes from Tata Sky. Sky UK has 14 tuners DVR by now.

They make new model Android STB every year now. May be unsure how it will work out and will it serve as long as current DVR did.

I will be happy if 4 tuners DVR (1TB HDD or 500GB SSD) with Android power set top box comes from Tata Sky. Sky UK has 14 tuners DVR by now.
There is a huge gap in their end user requirement analysis. Undoubtedly they are the most premium dth in India right now but they have to rethink their business strategies once again. It is 2019, not 2014 anymore. For last few years, there is nothing new/innovative ideas that has been offered from TS end. Same HD/SD box without recording feature. It will be more profitable if they enable it in lieu of a monthly fee.
There are very few people among the whole TS subscriber base, that owns or wish to own a DVR that costs 9k+. Many people don't want even multiple tuners.
In my opinion, that product is pretty useless now in the era of faster broadbands and affordable and expandable storage mediums. The whole world is moving forward , but they are still stuck somewhere, they were years ago.
To catch up, they went for an outdated option. 2nd Gen firestick! They again forgot that 40%+ users are still on CRT. If they want a broader reach, hybrid is only the way to go. Hope the sooner they understand, the better.

Last edited:
There is a huge gap in their end user requirement analysis. Undoubtedly they are the most premium dth in India right now but they have to rethink their business strategies once again. It is 2019, not 2014 anymore. For last few years, there is nothing new/innovative ideas that has been offered from TS end. Same HD/SD box without recording feature. It will be more profitable if they enable it in lieu of a monthly fee.
There are very few people among the whole TS subscriber base, that owns or wish to own a DVR that costs 9k+. Many people don't want even multiple tuners.
In my opinion, that product is pretty useless now in the era of faster broadbands and affordable and expandable storage mediums. The whole world is moving forward , but they are still stuck somewhere, they were years ago.
To catch up, they went for an outdated option. 2nd Gen firestick! They again forgot that 40%+ users are still on CRT. If they want a broader reach, hybrid is only the way to go. Hope the sooner they understand, the better.
Despite having affordable Internet. You are still screwed when a channel doesn't support catch up. Then you gotta pay for OTT for that specific content. Sometime same isn't even available.

Despite having affordable Internet. You are still screwed when a channel doesn't support catch up. Then you gotta pay for OTT for that specific content. Sometime same isn't even available.
Yes. Thats why, I don't see a bright future for the conventional satelite transmissions. People in coming few years will start cutting cords in India also.
I wont mind cutting the cord right away and have an quality android box and install and subscribe to hotstar, zee5, sonyliv and hoichoi. Just I need to upgrade my parents to get accustomed with the new era. Which is a tall ask at this point of time.

Yes. Thats why, I don't see a bright future for the conventional satelite transmissions. People in coming few years will start cutting cords in India also.
I wont mind cutting the cord right away and have an quality android box and install and subscribe to hotstar, zee5, sonyliv and hoichoi. Just I need to upgrade my parents to get accustomed with the new era. Which is a tall ask at this point of time.
Same here. Only thing stopping me is sports. Not one proper streaming service for sports. Thanks to Disney. Hotstar will improve a lot in coming years. But the same isn't happening to Sony Liv and Veqta.

Same here. Only thing stopping me is sports. Not one proper streaming service for sports. Thanks to Disney. Hotstar will improve a lot in coming years. But the same isn't happening to Sony Liv and Veqta.
Bros I already upgrade my parents to how to use or play any OTT platform. And believe me they are very happy with that because now they can watch their favourite shows at any point of time with convenience. In near future I will cut the code.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock