Status
Not open for further replies.

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All,

Let me start with a good sentence. I have joined the Tata Sky family starting today!!

Most of you might be wondering why this sudden switch from Sun Direct, on which I took an annual pack. It's surprising to me as well that my association with Sun Direct did not last for hardly more than a month. I just could not cope up with the issues that are present on Sun, mainly the audio quality issue. I know this is not going to be resolved based on my interaction with the Nodal team. And also, there are several petty issues like EPG not appearing most of the times, cable quality UI and HBO HD subtitles issue. Although the other issues are manageable, the audio quality issue isn't. I'm that kind of a person and I give attention to the details a lot especially in audio. So, I had no option except for switching to another provider. I could have gone back to Airtel, however with all this Star fiasco that's happening right now I thought it's too risky. So, I went premium and bought Tata Sky HD.

The installation was done today morning, I specifically asked for Technicolor HD box and they got that for me. The installation was very professional. The engineer brought level meters and other professional instruments to make sure everything is perfect. He said, there will be random checks from the higher authorities to review the installation process. So he was very particular in using all the proper instruments. He also changed the cable connectors to the Tata Sky provided ones.

What is Good:

1. SD Channel picture quality
2. EPG
3. Universal Remote
4. Overall Hardware Quality
5. STB UI
6. Audio Quality (Dolby Digital)

What is Not So Good:

1. HD Channel picture quality (Compared to Sun Direct, more on this later)
2. Channel Arrangement (This is pathetic)

Few Pictures:

LNB:

LNB.jpg

STB:

STB.jpg

STBBack.jpg

Remote:

Remote.jpg

HD Channel Pic:

HDChannel.jpg

SD Channel Pic:

SDChannel.jpg

I took a monthly pack this time, bearing my experience with Sun Direct in mind. It's an Ultra Pack and including installation, I paid 2000.

I'm satisfied with the overall experience as of now. The SD channel picture quality is the best among the 3 DTH I have used (Airtel, Sun Direct are the others). However, the HD channel picture quality is superior on Sun Direct. It's very sharp and crystal clear with deep blacks on Sun, too bad they have that audio issue. On Tata Sky, it's not bad but just not comparable to Sun Direct. If I remember the Airtel HD channel picture quality correctly, I think TS fares a little lower than Airtel too. Audio quality on HD channels is very good on TS, a little lower than Airtel though. Airtel is the best for audio quality on HD channels.

I paired my TV/HT remote with the TS remote and it works fine.

I will use for few more days and see how it goes with TS.

Thanks for reading!!

Congratulations for your new connection.:hs::hs::clap::clap:

Let me start with a good sentence. I have joined the Tata Sky family starting today!!
Great news bro, happy for you!:love:

Welcome TO World Of TS Bro Happy To Seen Our Senior Members Joining After Few Days Of Use If Possible Share Your Cons. & Discons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock