C2H SOON in Airtel DTH

Reaction score
C2H - cinema 2 Home ( cheeran Cinema Company) is now joining hands with Airtel DTH .. few Days Back C2H company has been Cheeran and in press meet Cheeran told that . this C2H company will Buy NEW Tamil Film and make DVD and Supply that DVD through out Tamil Nadu for the Price of 50Rs for 1 original DVD . and He also told that now he made agreement between C2H and Airtel DTH . so very Soon Airtel DTH will Show Latest Tamil Movie in their DTH service for just 50Rs onwards .

Unless it is HD Channel, this won't be salable. Its going to be flap for C2H and ADTV if it is SD channel.

mpvelu said:
Unless it is HD Channel, this won't be salable. Its going to be flap for C2H and ADTV if it is SD channel.

Bro u cant say its a flop since they r going to show new movies released inorder to eliminate pirated dvd's in tamil nadu. And in our state all channels are willing to start new sister channels but they are not willing to provide any :hd feed of their present sd channel.... Then how can we expect airtel to add :hd feed channels...

You are right. I am also happy to get a personal Original DVD for Rs 50. But Pls think one thing : Will it be equal quality to watch a Original DVD in our player, when compare to watch in DTH? Our player will give you atleast 720p. First of all the DTH companies will telecast in 4:3 format, which will look ugly stretched horizontally. But in our own player we can watch in 16:9 mode. Now tell me, will any one prefer DTH in SD that too in 4:3 mode. In this angle only I told Its going to be a total flap. If DTH tele-cast atleast in 16:9 mode, It may get some reception. You can obviously see the fate of Star Vijay's tamil movie service.
In Hindi, the movie channels (Star Gold HD, Zee Cinema HD and Sony PIX HD) are success only because they are HD.

mpvelu said:
You are right. I am also happy to get a personal Original DVD for Rs 50. But Pls think one thing : Will it be equal quality to watch a Original DVD in our player, when compare to watch in DTH? Our player will give you atleast 720p. First of all the DTH companies will telecast in 4:3 format, which will look ugly stretched horizontally. But in our own player we can watch in 16:9 mode. Now tell me, will any one prefer DTH in SD that too in 4:3 mode. In this angle only I told Its going to be a total flap. If DTH tele-cast atleast in 16:9 mode, It may get some reception. You can obviously see the fate of Star Vijay's tamil movie service.
In Hindi, the movie channels (Star Gold HD, Zee Cinema HD and Sony PIX HD) are success only because they are HD.

I agree with you partially.

They "can" start this as a HD service and downscaled SD service as well since this is not a satellite channel but service. The price can be different for HD and SD.

Also, you mentioned Star Vijay Hitz was a flop. But you compared it with HD Hindi Movie channels which are satellite channels. You should compare Star Vijay Hitz with Star Gold Hitz and Sony Super Hitz only.

We have K TV HD in tamil which is also a hit. Now a days they are playing more HD movies. If Star Vijay can start a satellite HD channel then it will be a hit for sure.

KTV HD is hit, I do agree, but surely KTV SD is NOT hit.
Many tamil homes (including me) just skip the channel while surfing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock