Cable in India

phil_dbr

Reaction score
Hi
I am new in this forum. And comning from France

I like Digital TV around the world, and I am interesting on strategy about digital TV .

So how are the Cable provider in India, How many cable operator do you have ?
do you have choice in a a town , to take one or another provider.

Does Iptv ( fiber or adsl) starting to replace cable ?

thanks

Hi
I am new in this forum. And comning from France

I like Digital TV around the world, and I am interesting on strategy about digital TV .

So how are the Cable provider in India, How many cable operator do you have ?
do you have choice in a a town , to take one or another provider.

Does Iptv ( fiber or adsl) starting to replace cable ?

thanks

There are more than 1400 Govt registered cable operators operating all over India.
Not all operators operate in all states/regions. There are 7 DTH operators also who serves all states.

People can choose any operators they like if that operator has coverage in his area.

IPTV reach is almost non existent, out of 250 million pay TV subscribers I guess hardly 1 million will be IPTV subscribers.

We have very poor wired broadband connectivity and mostly copper wire, limited areas of big cities have fibre connection but wireless 4G LTE is almost everywhere

Thanks Sarkar for your answer

So I think that main reception for digital TV is DTH , also I understand that your are using internet by 4G network and not fixed network.

What about DTT (Digital terestrial TV, DVBT/T2), is there any coverage ?

So I think that main reception for digital TV is DTH , also I understand that your are using internet by 4G network and not fixed network.

Yes, but only 3 channels are available in terestrial signals: DD1, DD news and DD regional.
since you came from france i recommend you to go with dish. cuz cable and terestrial channels aren't for you. If you knew local language you could try terestrial and cable.

Out of total 250 million pay tv homes around 80 million are covered by DTH and rest are covered by those 1400 cable operators.

DTT has started recently, coverage is limited to big cities and only popular 2-3 Govt channels are available in DTT.

Yes majority people accessing internet are on wireless LTE network. Out of 400 million total broadband users only 20 million are on fixed line and rest are using 4G network. Cost of 4G data is also much cheaper than 2G/3G data so people are adopting 4G fast

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock