K TV HD
Sun Tv HD
Sun Music HD
Gemini Tv HD

Channels removed

Dsports HD
Nat Geo Music SD
Baby TV SD

They added missing basic channels from primary bouquets of different broadcasters, even dish, d2h independent tv doing same. In cable tv bandwidth is not an issue but DTH operators find it difficult to accomodate each channel. Right now it's a great opportunity for operators to add maximum channels and increase subscriber base across segments. Operators like d2h which have small hold in premium segment & previously found it tough to pay huge amount as fixed deal charges to get all channels , they now don't have to worry about this investment. If they boost content line up, market it properly then revenue will see immense boost.

Still i don't think dish d2h will try to do this as they r happy with catering to primarily poor, middle , lower middle class people and follow low margin / high volume model. Also i don't think they can beat airtel and tata sky in premium segment. Hathway on the other hand has backing of Jio and will go with power to provide all channels and innovative services. Acquiring cable tv business gives them easy access to make way for Jio Giga TV in all such homes

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock